Fruit can charge your phone`s battery!
Published: 05:05 PM, 22 May 2020
It is simple that you pick up a fruit to eat. But it will be definitely surprise to you while the fruit will work to give charge in your phone's battery.
Researchers say that the battery of Smartphone can be charged with the energy contained in the fruit.
Researchers at the University of Sydney have developed a method that uses fruits like Durian and jackfruit waste to create energy stores for rapid electricity charging. They claim that these fruits may help charge electronic devices such as mobile phones, laptops, tablets in a few seconds.
Energy is available through carbon aerosols and with that you can charge mobile, phone, laptop, various gadgets. The researchers not only said that but also revealed it is also possible to charge the mobile battery with fruit waste.
School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering academic Associate Professor Vincent Gomes in a report by the University explains how he and the research team managed to turn the tropical fruits into super-capacitors.
The researchers converted durian waste into super-capacitors that can put out energy smoothly.
Professor Gomes says, "Super-capacitors are like energy reservoirs that dole out energy smoothly." They can store huge amounts of energy within a small battery-sized device and then provide energy to fuel up electronic devices. When compared to conventional batteries, super-capacitors are said to have the capability to charge devices quickly.
Gomes further explains that the current super-capacitors are made from activated carbon that is not as efficient as the ones prepared during this project. “Durian waste was selected based on the excellent template nature provides for making porous aerogels. The durian and jack-fruit super-capacitors perform much better than the materials currently in use and are comparable, if not better, than the expensive and exotic graphene-based materials."
- ACC director Basir’s bail plea rejected
- Imran pleas for lockdown-relax
- 1.5 crore families get govt relief
- DMP replaces three asst police commissioners
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- Laborer killed by overturning crane in Cumilla
- Hygiene not followed at bus terminals
- Abrar murder: Jion’s bail plea rejected
- Trade thru Bhomra land port resumes
- Gazipur reports 93 new infected cases
- BNP in isolation of negative politics: Quader
- ADB expands trade finance to support Bangladesh private sector
- Mymensingh reports 81 new COVID-19 cases
- Challengers always stand by people in COVID-19 crisis: COO Yasir
- Inadequate launch risks health service to breakdown
- Father-son electrocuted in Rangpur
- Two die with COVID-19 symptoms at KMCH
- Highest COVID-19 tests in 24hrs, record new infected
- Actress Mohena with in-law members COVID-19 infected
- Coronavirus death toll tops 30,000 in Brazil
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- 349 Ansar members infected with COVID-19
- Shakib Khan’s ‘Rangbaaz’ movie producer Mozammel dies
- Keep your mouth shut: Police Chief advises Trump
- Biman cancels flights for passenger crisis
- Stolen Tk60 lakh of National Bank recovered
- ‘Ultimate repercussion’ if US hurt China’s interests
- BNP office fluxed of banner-festoon; neither activity, no activist
- Smith not to play in Aus ‘due to IPL’ if necessary
- Child among 4 another contracted COVID-19 in Nandail
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Karate coach Humayun Kabir Jewel dies
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Offices resume from May 31
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- India backs hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus treatment
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- Xi Jinping asks Chinese military to prepare for battle
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Mahathir expelled from party
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- Hong Kong `no longer autonomous`: Pompeo
- SSC result today: How to pre-register
- Coronavirus case in country crosses 40,000