Four killed in Teknaf gunfight
Published: 10:45 AM, 1 March 2019 Updated: 03:28 PM, 1 March 2019
Four people were killed in a gunfight with police and Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) in Teknaf of Cox’s Bazar.
Two people were killed in a gunfight with the police on Friday morning at Hoaikong’s Bartali area of Teknaf. Police claimed that the dead were drug dealers.
The deceased were identified as Nazir Ahmad and Gias Uddin. Nazir, son of Abdul Jalil of Jaliapara of Teknaf Municipality. He is the younger brother of the robber of Abdul Hakim. And, Gias Uddin, son of Haji Zakaria of Hoaikong’s Nayapara.
Teknaf Model Police Station OC Pradip Kumar Das said, “On information of Yaba was selling in Hoaikong’s Bartali area, a team of police conducted a drive.”
“Sensing the presence of police, the drug dealers started shooting the police. The yaba traders escaped while police also fired back,” he also said.
“Later, the bodies of two recovered from the spot. Then police took them to Teknaf Hospital where the emergency department doctor referred to admit them to Cox’s Bazar. They died on the way while taking to Cox’s Bazar,” OC Pradip Kumar added.
OC also said, “Four cops were injured in the incident. They are - SI Sujit Chandra Dey, ASI Khairul, Constable Ersadul, and Belal Uddin. Later, three local weapons, 4 round cartridge, 23 bullets round and 6,000 yaba pieces were recovered from the spot. A case will be filed in the incident.”
Meanwhile, two more people were killed in a gunfight with BGB in Nazirpara’s Magpara area of Teknaf.
Teknaf 2 BGB Captain Lt. Colonel Asaduzzaman Chowdhury said, “On information, A team of Teknaf 2 BGB conducted a drive on Friday. During this, the smugglers opened fire at BGB. The BGB also counter-fire.”
“Later, two bullet-hit bodies were recovered from the spot. But the identity of the dead was not known. 1 lakh yaba pieces and a weapon were recovered from the spot,” he added.
- S Korea`s young men are fighting against feminism
- Hong Kong protesters trash subway station, stage mall rally
- 19 arrested from 3 Spa centers at Gulshan-1
- Nasima Begum appointed NHRC Chairman
- Houthi rebels in Yemen say they will stop attacks on Saudi Arabia
- 5 JMB men sentenced 12 yrs jail for Khilkhet bomb attack
- 16 years friendship or something!
- U-19 cricket team leaves for NZ Monday
- Couple becomes millionaire by cheating
- Live crocodile in pond!
- Twin Town: An unsolved mystery of India
- Daughter demands info on Mehbooba Mufti’s arrest
- Huge Typhoon Tapah threatens Japan, South Korea
- Bangabandhu Gold Cup Football held in Gaibandha
- India opt to bat in 3rd T20
- Stem cells to repair brain
- Stay out of Gulf; Iran warns
- Alia Bhatt to play lead in Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s Gangubai!
- Gaur Nagar: The capital of early Bengal
- Casino gadgets recovered from 4 clubs in Motijheel
- Online products sellers to pay VAT: NBR
- College student killed for ransom
- ACC: Govt officials held in Dinajpur
- BUP Film Fest-2019 begins Monday
- Rashid Khan uncertain for tri-series final
- JU `A` unit admission tests held
- How can you make your feet pretty?
- Bandit jumps into river gripping woman
- Charge sheet against Minni fabricated: Lawyer
- Foreign liquor recovered in Padma!
- All News »
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Chikon Kala: Jungle of insatiable demons
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- Shakib Khan’s talk on Salman Shah’s birthday celebration
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Puja Cherry got married!
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- US plan to explode moon with NUC bombing