Four killed in Narayanganj’s 4 Upazilas
Published: 04:00 PM, 23 July 2019 Updated: 04:05 PM, 23 July 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Four people were killed in separate incidents in four Upazilas - Fatullah, Araihazar, Bandar and Siddhirganj - of Narayanganj on Tuesday morning.
In the morning, a man was beaten to injured by his opponents in Marwardi village of Araihazar Upazila over a land dispute. Later, he was taken to the Upazila Health Complex, where the doctor declared him dead. The deceased was identified as Suruj Mia, son of Ahmed Ali of the area.
Araihazar Police Station Officer-in-Charge Nazrul Islam said that his opponent Abul Hossain Gong, beat Suruj, leaving him seriously injured in the morning. Later, locals rescued and took him to Upazila Health Complex, where doctor declared him dead. Actions are underway to arrest those involved.
Meanwhile, police recovered the body of an unidentified young man from Mizmizi Matin road area near a coil factory in Siddhirganj Upazila in the morning.
Siddhirganj police station inspector (operation) HM Jasim Uddin said that locals spotted the body on the road and informed police in the morning. Police later recovered the body and sent it to Narayanganj General Hospital for autopsy. However, the identity of the young man could not be known yet.
On the other hand, a young man was killed by a group over previous dispute and money transactions in Kaitakhali area of Bandar Upazila on Monday night.
The deceased was identified as Mission, son of Tukki Shikdar of the area. He was an expatriate and joined a job in a private company after returning home several days ago.
Bandar Police OC (Investigation) Azharul Islam said victim's family claimed that he was killed over previous dispute and money transactions. Three people have been detained in the incident. They are being interrogated.
Meanwhile, the body of a woman named Shefali Begum was recovered from Lalkha area of Fatullah. Shefali is a daughter of Abdul Hamid of the same area.
Fatullah Model Police Station OC (Investigation) Hasanuzzaman said her family claimed that Shefali had been suffering from epilepsy. It is initially thought that she died after falling. However, as the incident was mysterious, the body was sent to the Sadar General Hospital for autopsy. The real cause of death will be known after getting the autopsy report.
- Australia bowled out for 250
- 231 students` result changes in review
- Protest for free elections in Russia
- Biman’s return Hajj flight lands in Dhaka
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Quader alerts AL men to BNP-Jamaat conspiracies
- BCB announces prelim squad for AFG test, Tri-series
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Cop caught taking bribe day after getting best constable award
- Facebook adds Chakma as 2nd Bangladeshi language
- Fire breaks out Delhi hospital
- Masrafe asks BCB for two months to decide future
- 4 of a family burnt in Gazipur fire
- Rawhide sale suspended till Sunday
- Priyanka Chopra reveals Jonas’ bedroom secret
- 1460 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- 6 buses fined for charging extra fare
- Soumitra transferred to cabin from ICU
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kid drowns in Shakhipur
- Smartphone for blood pressure detection
- First return Hajj flight arrives in Dhaka
- Mgst described severe suffering in govt hospital
- Russell Domingo appointed Tigers’ head coach
- Eight killed in Ukraine hotel fire
- No MoU, 2 FMs dialog only
- College student dies of dengue in Magura
- Temperature may rise slightly
- Husband arrested in triple talaq case
- All News »
- Shaykh Muhammad bin Hassan to recite Khutba at Hajj
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- Three movies to be released on Eid
- Heavy rain pours down on Hajj pilgrims at Arafat
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Rabeya opens her eyes, Rokeya still unconscious
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- 2m pilgrims gathered in Arafat
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
- Man. City. Everton to play tonight
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 7 plays of Humayun to be aired on Eid
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC