Focus on innovation rather than imitation: Joy
Published: 11:10 PM, 14 January 2020
Prime Minister’s Information and Communication Technology Advisor Sajeeb Wazed Joy has called on all ICT sector officials to focus on innovation rather than imitation.
He made the call at an exchange meeting on the activities, achievements, and progress of the ICT department and its offices/agencies under the ICT Tower conference room in Agargaon on Tuesday.
In the meeting, Assistant Minister of State for ICT Zunaid Ahmed Palak handed over the ASOCIO ICT Education Award to Sajeeb Wazed Joy.
Giving different directions to take the country’s ICT sector further, Joy said, “We all need to be focused on innovation rather than imitation.” The award recognizes Bangladesh as a global role model in the ICT sector. He recommends adopting the world's best practices in the ICT sector.
In addition, under the direction of the Cabinet Department, the ICT department recently launched ‘Digital Opinion Monitoring System’, which monitors the views of government servicemen and enhances the quality of services based on the views of the subscribers. Appreciating the initiative, he said the initiative will play a significant role in improving the quality of services of the ICT department.
The meeting was attended by Senior Secretary of ICT Department N M Zeaul Alam and Director(Additional Secretary) of the Innovation Design and Entrepreneurship Academy (IDEA) project Syed Mojibul Haq, and other senior officials of the ICT department and its offices and agencies.
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks