Fizz wishes Warner for hitting ton on birthday
Published: 04:59 PM, 27 October 2019 Updated: 05:01 PM, 27 October 2019
Aussie star David Warner made history hitting a first-ever Twenty20 century ton on his 34th birthday. He got his first Twenty20 century in the 71st match of his career. Friend Mustafizur Rahman wished him a happy birthday on Twitter as Warner hits a match-winning inning.
Birthday boy Warner clubbed an unbeaten 100 as he powered Australia to a massive 233 for two, aided by century stands with skipper Aaron Finch and Glenn Maxwell.
Sri Lanka limped to 99 for nine from their 20 overs in a meek response, with leg-spinner Adam Zampa capturing three for 14.
It was Australia’s biggest-ever win in the format and Sri Lanka’s heaviest T20 defeat.
After the match, Mustafizur Rahman congratulated Warner on his Twitter. In the Indian Premier League (IPL), Fizz played in under Warner captaincy in Sunrizers Hyderabad.
In a tweet post greeting Warner on his birthday, the cutter master wrote, "The first Twenty-century on birthday; there can be nothing better than to make the day memorable. Many wishes, David Warner, be happy and give us many more great innings. 'In the end, Mustafizur Rahman jokingly mentioned, "And yes, be prepared to get out in my ball."
Under Warner, the Hyderabad team was championed in the IPL 2016. Tiger pacer Fizz bagged 17 wickets in his 16 matches.
Warner was born in Paddington, New South Wales, on October 27, 1986. He played his first match for Australia in 2009. He has scored over 13,000 runs in Tests, ODIs, and T20Is so far.
- UK Election: Johnson ahead of the booth return survey
- BPL: Rajshahi, Sylhet, Dhaka, Cumilla to play today
- Myanmar fails to provide evidence to defend genocide charge
- ‘Myanmar’s Rohingya repatriation promise a fraudulent act’
- Khulna Tigers earn stunning win over Challengers
- Citizenship Bill: Cops open fire in Assam, 3 dead
- Kathbirali gets censor certificate
- Painting contest to mark Bhasani’s birth anniversary
- Indian entrepreneurs urged to invest in Bangladesh
- Britain votes in ‘Brexit election’
- BB new Executive Director Kazi Enayet Hossain
- 1 killed in Munshiganj wall collapse
- Twitter backs overhaul of social media to stem disinformation
- 2 killed in Rajshahi road crash
- Mashrafe focuses on next game
- 1 dies as workers continue hunger strike
- ‘Corruption in education sector will be eliminated’
- ‘No event under open sky on 31st night’
- Wheelchair cricketers eyeing to win title
- PM asks public servants to stay alert about graft, bribery
- Khulna to field against Chattogram
- DC’s gift to freedom fighters door
- Recruitment test of BB Officer General Dec 27
- Rajshahi secures comfortable victory against Dhaka
- 13 arrested over Rooppur pillow scam
- Kumar Bishwajit’s mother passes away
- Foreign Minister’s India visit postponed
- Lawsuits against 135 including Fakhrul-Rizvi
- ASEAN disappointed over Myanmar’s genocide defending speech
- Cough remedy by natural syrup
- All News »
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- 4 killed in Florida police shootout over armed robbery
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- North Korea conducts ‘very important test’
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- Just 3 days ‘Tui Ki Amar Hobi Re’ crossed 1 million
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- US tightens sanctions on Myanmar army chief
- Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after 27 yrs
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- Chile military plane disappears with 38 aboard
- Myanmar army chief’s Facebook account suspended
- `Miss Pakistan` killed in a car crash
- Chattogram Challengers unveiled Jersey
- Grand opening ceremony of BPL today
- 500-yr-old eggs found unbroken in Chinese tomb
- Padma Bridge 2.7-km visible now
- Three of a family found dead in Barishal