Fizz’s last over heroic give Rajshahi 2nd win
Published: 05:57 PM, 13 January 2019 Updated: 10:40 PM, 13 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Wonderful bowling from Mustafizur Rahman gives Rajshahi Kings 5-run win over Rangpur Ryders. Rangpur Ryders needed 9-run in last over Mustafizur Rahman conceded only 2.
After winning toss Rangpur captain Mashrafe Bin Mortaza decided to field first. Rajshahi Kings made 135/8 in 20 overs with the help of Zakir Hasan's unbeaten 42 off 36, Mohammad Hafeez's 26 off 29 and 18 from Soumya Sarkar.
Chasing the target Rangpur lost Skipper Mashrafe Bin Mortaza on 2. After losing Mashrafe Gayle start his way and 23 off 14 but went out to Kamrul Islam Rabbi.
Gayle hit six in the first ball of Rabbi, four in second and third ball. Can not take any run in 4th ball but hit six again in the fifth ball but lost the wicket in the last ball of the same over.
After losing Ravi Bopara (1), Benoy Howell (4) Rangpur was in the way to victory with Rousseau and Nahidul's bat. But Nahidul (16) returned to the last time by squeezing his hands. Then Rangpur could not do anything else. Rangpur, who failed to score eight runs in 6 balls, left the field with a 5-run deficit. Rousseau 44 * and Mohammad Mithun scored 30 runs.
Mohammad Hafeez and Kamrul Islam Rabbi took two wickets each. Mustafizur Rahman could not bag any wicket but coincide only 17 in his four overs.
Earlier, Wicketkeeper-batsman Zakir Hasan guided Rajshahi Kings to score 135 for eight wickets on Sunday at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium against Rangpur Riders in their fourth match of the sixth season of Bangladesh Premier League (BPL).
Rangpur Riders won the toss and opted to bowl first in the match. Rajshahi started their innings losing the skipper Mehidy Hasan Miraz in the second over. Rangpur Riders captain Mashrafe bin Mortaza trapped his counterpart Miraz for the duck.
The Kings lost five wickets before touching the 100-run mark of their innings. Mominul Haque (14), Soumya Sarkar (18) and Mohammad Hafeez (26) offered some hope but failed to continue their start.
While Mominul and Soumya were dismissed by Shohag Gazi and Mashrafe, Hafeez fell prey to run-out by Rangpur's English recruit Ravi Bopara.
Zakir Hasan was the only batsman of the Kings to resist the Rangpur bowlers. He remained unbeaten at the end of the innings scoring 42 off 36 balls with hitting two fours and a six.
Ryan ten Doeschate, the Dutch all-rounder, took the field for Rajshahi for the first time in the ongoing BPL and scored 14 off 10 balls.
Mashrafe and Farhad Reza took two wickets each for the Riders while Shohag Gazi and Shafiul Islam shared two wickets between them.
- PM greets tigers
- ‘I am happy that we are still in World Cup’
- Brazil to face Venezuela early tomorrow
- Last phase voting in 20 UZs underway
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Three countries went dark and no one knows why
- Egypt’s ousted president Morsi dies
- Don’t make pocket committee with opportunists: Quader
- 6 Most Surprising Mosques in Africa!
- Shakib enters 6000-run club in ODI
- EC made all measures for fair polls: EC secy
- Enough money in banks, not for looting: PM
- Tk 15,000 cr supplementary budget for current FY passed in JS
- Stand for a while to lose weight, how?
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Extremists use religion to create fascism: Monirul
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Tariff Commission Act gets Cabinet nod
- Shakib turned Pooran after Lewis
- Impotent injection for rapist
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- Firemen at risk in service office
- Revenue will be billions below forecast: Huawei CEO
- Mother split child`s throat
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem denied bail, sent to jail
- Innovation of artificial lungs by Mou-Akhi-Bipasha
- Rangpur city polluted than Dhaka, Cumilla in safe zone
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- JS budget session begins today
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Che Guevara’s 91st birth anniv today