Exim Bank Ltd.
Dhaka, Monday 10 Dec, 2018
Headline:

Five shops gutted in Satkhira fire

Satkhira CorrespondentDaily-Bangladesh.com
Collected

At least five shops were gutted in a fire that broke out at Budhhata bazar in Ashashuni Upazila of Satkhira on Tuesday night.

Biplab Kumar Nath, officer-in-charge of Ashashuni Police Station, said that the fire originated from an electric short circuit at a shop named M/S Bismillah Hardwar around 9:30 pm and spread soon to the adjacent shops.

After getting information of fire, a firefighting unit from the nearest station rushed there and extinguished the blaze within 30 minutes of the incident.

Meanwhile, the affected shop owners claimed that valuables worth Tk 1 crore were gutted in the fire.

DailyBangladesh/Nishi

More Read