Show-cause notice issued
Five including Principle of Viqarunnisa temp sacked
Published: 04:59 PM, 4 December 2018 Updated: 06:46 PM, 4 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Five people, including Zinnat Ara, the principle of the morning shift of Viqarunnisa Noon School of Dhaka, have been temporarily suspended following the incident of the Aritree Adhikari’s (15) suicide, a student of the main branch of the school.
At the same time, a show-cause notice has been issued to the head of the governing body for taking the case under the penal code.
On Tuesday afternoon, the Acting Principal of the school, Naznin Ferdous, said, The decision to suspend Zinnat Ara was taken at night at the meeting of school authority and managing committee.
Earlier on Tuesday, the High Court said that the case of Aritree’s suicide was a heartbreaking incident. At the same time, insulting her parents in front of her is also called a bad example.
Besides, the Education Ministry has formed a three-member probe committee to find out the reasons for her suicide.
Aritree’s father Dilip Adhikari said, “Aritree’s annual exam was going on. In the meantime, on Sunday, a mobile phone was found from her during the sociology test. The school authorities called on us. Then I and my wife went to the school’s Vice Principal. Then the Vice Principal complained that Aritree was cheating through mobile. That’s why we apologize, he sent us to the Principal room.
“Later, we went to the Principal’s room and apologize. But the principal was not kind to us. At one stage, I want forgiveness; But the Principal asked us to leave. Later, she ordered to issue a TC to Aritree,” added Aritree’s father.
After this incident, Aritree had committed suicide at Shantinagar residence in the city on Monday. She was a ninth-grade student of the English version of morning shift of Viqarunnisa Noon School.
Meanwhile, Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid has fallen in the face of the students of Viqarunnisa Noon after going there regarding a class nine student Adhriti Adhikari’s suicide.
When Minister went to school at around 11:30 am on Tuesday, the students burst into protest. They want to ‘seek justice’ in front of the Education Minister.
Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid said “I want to say it clearly that we, the Education Ministry, are taking the incidents of suicide as a serious matter. We think this incident... the suicide of the student is very painful to us. We can’t spare it so easily...”
He informed, “A three-member probe committee has been formed. It’ll find out who was behind it (suicide) and steps will be taken once the report is submitted.”
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- Why lightning often strikes twice
- Nojibur terms SMEs as driving force of economy
- West Bengal-Uttar Pradesh will made Delhi’s `Throne`: Mamata
- Judicial probe into cops’ role in Nusrat murder
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Eid train tickets to be available at 6 spots: Minister
- AL’s joint meeting tomorrow
- `Nusrat killing could be avoided if action taken in prior cases`
- Severe monitoring over market in Ramadan: Tipu
- BAF holds Junior Command, Staff Course certificate ceremony
- PM donates Tk 35 lakh to actor Ahmad Sharif
- Advice to take Subir Nandi abroad
- Mannan calls for investment in solar energy
- Bangladesh, Brunei likely to sign 7 MoUs
- Destiny recovrerd Boishakhi TV’s ownership
- Sri Lanka announces WC squad, dump Chandimal
- 6.1-quake causes light damage in Taiwan capital, east coast
- Nusrat murder: Shamim put on 5-day remand
- Scientists discover 220 million-year-old dinosaur fossils
- Housewife burnt to death in Chattogram
- 3 doctors for 1.5 lakh people
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt now single, says judge
- NZ official hid camera in embassy toilet
- Suffering of cancer patients in Cumilla
- PM orders continued review of disaster preparedness steps
- Rajib’s death: report on May 22
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- Bangladeshi man jailed in UK for murdering wife
- Youth killed in ambulance-covered van collision
- All News »
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Educational Institutes to be closed Apr 21, 22
- Messi rested for United as Barca draws 0-0 at Huesca
- `First` 3D print of heart with human tissue, vessels unveiled
- GD filed over Nusrat’s death
- PBI found sensational information over Nusrat killing
- Water transport workers’ strike detaches Bhola
- Nusrat to be buried in family graveyard
- PBI searching 12 people involved in Nusrat murder
- Google takes on ‘Africa’s challenges’ in Ghana
- PM directs stern action against Nusrat’s killers
- Nusrat murder: 2 including Moksud arrested
- Three robbers lynched in Feni
- Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- Tofail asks DUCSU leaders to work for all students
- Nation set to celebrate Pahela Baishakh tomorrow
- Julian Assange faces five years in jail
- 3 to die for killing RU prof Shafiul
- Nusrat murder: another accused held in Bhaluka
- 8 killed as bus falls into Joypurhat ditch
- Nusrat murder: ‘Shampa’ Poppy arrested
- Sudan`s Bashir moved to prison as protesters rally
- Autopsy of Nusrat completed, body handed over
- Jute mill workers go on 96-hour strike
- Messi coming to Dhaka
- Miscreants kill Bogura BNP leader
- Journalist Zafar Wazed new PIB DG
- Mild quake jolts Ctg, Bandarban
- Pahela Baishakh being celebrated
- Swecchasebok League leader found dead in Savar