Five drug traders among 19 held in Dinajpur
Published: 02:28 PM, 22 March 2019
A total of 19 persons including five drug traders were arrested from different areas of Dinajpur district.
Law enforcers, in special drives, arrested them on different charges in last 12-hour ending at 8:00 am on Friday morning. They also seized 200 bottles of Phensidyl and 218 pieces of Yaba tablets.
During the drives, Dinajpur Sadar police arrested four persons including two drug traders along with 218 pieces of Yaba tablets, Birampur Thana police arrested one person, Phulbari Thana police arrested two persons, Birganj Thana police arrested two persons, Biral Thana police arrested two persons, Nawabganj Thana police arrested two persons, Bochaganj Thana police arrested one person and Hakimpur Thana police arrested two persons.
Several cases, including charges of subversive activities, are pending with different police stations against the arrested persons.
Meanwhile, members of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) in a drive, detained three drug traders along with 200 bottles of Phensidyl around 7am from Hili Railway Station in Hakimpur upazila of the district.
Later, the detained persons were handed over to the Hakimpur Thana police, BGB said.
- Tigresses leave for Pakistan tomorrow
- CR-7 loves Sarri`s new-look Juventus
- Gov`t seeking Facebook data to identify Bhola culprits
- Class four schoolgirl ‘Hafeza’ in 2.11 yrs!
- Higher education opportunities in Saudi; how to apply?
- ‘Mrs’ Lawrence from Miss!
- Indo-Bangla Film Awards ceremony kicks off
- Different taste of `Cauliflower Roast`
- Apple launches ‘smart ring’!
- Primary books: Printing done by Nov 20
- 59 arrested in anti-drug drive
- National Road Safety Day tomorrow
- 2 Japanese aircraft carriers found, used in WW II
- Mysterious Witch`s Well
- WikiLeaks founder Assange appears confused at extradition hearing
- Bank transaction of Omar Faruq, his wife, children suspended
- Samrat took luggage-full cash to Singapore
- 4-day heritage handloom festival Wednesday
- No Bangladeshi players in ‘The Hundred’ tournament
- ‘Action if duty negligence found over Bhola incident’
- 232 held over disobeying Hilsha ban
- 4th grade govt job at Tk 10 lakh!
- Eight travel agency licenses revoked
- India govt announces parliament winter session from Nov 18
- Power cut off if not paying any penny
- Hong Kong leader apologizes over striking water cannon in mosque
- Ranveer’s friend revealed secret info
- 4 to die in Chattogram
- New 7 police stations approved
- ACC files case against Khaled, Shamim
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU for Brexit delay
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today