Five Mayoral candidates on one stage
Published: 09:24 PM, 28 April 2018
Pic: Daily Bangladesh
In the Khulna City Corporation (KCC) election, the five mayoral candidates started their election campaign by answering different questions of the voters on the same stage.
Mayor candidates face voters in the `Face to Public` on the occasion of 10:30 am on Saturday at the Sushasoner Jonno Nagorik (SUJAN). But at the end of the ceremony, tensions arise at the venue of the questionnaire.
SUJAN`s central committee secretary said the program started with the national anthem in the presence of Badiul Alam Majumdar. Sworn sentences are read on the application of voters to the franchise. Five mayor candidates present on stage are recruited. Then begins the question of the people to the Mayor candidates.
Initially, Maulana Mujammil Haque, Mayor of Islamist Movement Bangladesh, answered the three questions. Then Mizanur Rahman of CPB and Jatiya Party`s mayor candidate Shafiqur Rahman (Mushfiqiq) answered three questions.
In response to this question, Awami League mayor candidate Talukdar Abdul Khalek said, if I select the mayor, then all the public transport, including easybike will be brought in the city corporation. The city will be clean free traffic area.
In response to the second question, he said strict action will be taken against the accused, including drug traders. He pledged to give Khulna City a drug-free city.
In response to the third question, the former Mayor said, I was the mayor of the city corporation in the past days. The people of the city are aware of my activities. I will make every effort to build Khulna as a modern city.
Lastly, the mayor of the BNP`s mayor, Nazrul Islam Manzu, started a fracas. After answering the two questions and when he was going to answer the third question, the fracas started.
In this situation, the organizers stopped to ask the question. Following the question, Dr Badiul Alam Majumdar tried to declare the question as of motive and conclude the end of the questionnaire.
When a voter asked a question that why the Gazipur had not developed in the terms of BNP-Jamaat government, Nazrul Islam Manzu replied the question and then moved to another question.
- UN expert blames Saudi for Khasuggi Killing
- 4 charged with murder over downing of MH17
- Bangladesh made fastest growth in Asia-Pacific region
- Use your phone as a robot to avoid boring work !
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
- Dubai’s Quranic Park landscape to express story of Islam!
- PCB to review cricket side, support personnel`s performance
- Upbeat Tigers take on Australia tomorrow
- SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
- UNO to get Pajero worth Tk 90 lakh
- Bangladesh sets global model in cutting poverty says PM in JS
- World No Tobacco Day tomorrow
- New Zealand restrict South Africa to 241
- Colorful pictures emblazon schools environment
- Govt will identify 30 lakh martyrs: PM
- Hilsa’s abundance in Padma-Meghna
- Quader asks to form new committees before national council
- 108th birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal tomorrow
- India opener Dhawan out of World Cup
- Govt to introduce health insurance for all: PM
- Jubo League leader stabbed dead in Madaripur
- Dr Nurun Nahar made IU law dept chairperson
- Navy Chief returns home
- Selima,Tuku in BNP’s standing committee
- ‘BD hosting 1.2 mn Rohingyas refugees from Myanmar’
- Passengers suffer at Jamalpur station to collect tickets
- Bangladesh sought Saudi diplomats help for Rohingyas back
- Payra power plant protest leads to Chinese worker’s death
- Ayub Bachchu Chottor being built with Rupali Guitar
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- England wins beating Windies
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry