First royal dies of coronavirus
Published: 11:40 AM, 28 March 2020 Updated: 01:00 PM, 28 March 2020
Princess Maria Teresa
A member of the Bourbon-Parma royal family has died after contracting deadly coronavirus. Princess Maria Teresa passed away in Paris at the age of 86.
The announcement of her death was made by her family on Friday. It is the first death of any royal family from deadly coronavirus.
Princess Maria, daughter of Prince Xavier and Madeleine de Bourbon, was born in Paris in 1933. The Princess, who never married or had children, was a member of a cadet branch of the current dynasty of Spain, the House of Bourbon.
She spent most of her adult life in Madrid, dedicating her time to research and write about Carlism - a Spanish legitimist political movement which wants to establish her family on the country's throne.
The coronavirus, that began late last year in the central Chinese city of Wuhan, has been affecting other royal households around Europe.
Six days ago, Karl von Habsburg, the Archduke of Austria, became the first royal to test positive for COVID-19. Prince Albert II of Monaco also has coronavirus, and just like the Archduke of Austria is suffering only from a "pretty mild case".
Prince Charles became the first, and so far only, member of the British Royal Family to test positive for the virus.
- Imperial and BBMH declared as dedicated Covid-19 hospitals
- Magura coronavirus cases rise to 20
- Ershad’s ‘Palli Nibas’ under lockdown
- Niloufer Manzur laid to eternal rest at Banani graveyard
- 1,200 Bangladeshis return home from Maldives
- COVID-19 cases surpass 5.6 million globally
- Chandpur coronavirus deaths rise to 13
- Chicken prices drop by Tk 40
- Man hides after knowing he tests COVID-19 positive
- ‘BNP can’t shun politics of criticism, hatred even on Eid day’
- Gopalganj`s COVID-19 cases rise by 13 to 143
- BNP rotating in circle of negative politics amidst corona crisis
- Sri Lanka pacer held on drug charge
- 30 missing as boat sinks in Jamuna
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- Motijheel zone ADC Mithu infected with coronavirus
- 1,119 policemen recovery from coronavirus
- COVID-19 claims more than 348,000 lives globally
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Rain likely to increase, signal 3 for maritime ports
- ‘Keyamat Theke Keyamat’ re-airs today
- Miss Universe NZ finalist Amber-Lee Friis found dead at home
- Envoy Group Chairman contracted COVID-19
- Sunbeams School founder Niloufer Manzur succumbs to COVID-19
- Deputy Speaker Fazle Rabbi’s wife dies at 67
- Another 22 infected with coronavirus in Tangail
- Woman gives childbirth at gate as hospital reluctant to admit her
- COVID-19 rapidly surging in Brazil
- Dhaka-returnee 9 months pregnant contracted COVID-19
- WHO suspends hydroxychloroquine’s trial for coronavirus treatment
- All News »
- ‘Movement Pass’ will be required for movement
- Pak model Zara Abid feared dead in plane crash
- Track of cyclone ‘Amphan’ (Live)
- After ‘Amphan’, there will be ‘Cyclone Nisharga’
- Highest COVID-19 deaths, cases recorded in 24 hrs
- ‘Amphan’ closer to Bangladesh; Great Danger Signal No 10 issued
- 1694 infected in 24hrs, 24 more dead
- ‘Amphan’ likely to hit late night
- Death toll in Pakistan plane crash hits 66
- Great danger signal for Ctg-Cox’s Bazar too
- Super cyclone Amphan claims 9 lives
- 1251 new infected in 24hrs, 21 more dead
- Popular model dead in Pakistan plane crash
- PIA flight with 98 passengers crashes in Pakistan
- Cyclone Amphan: 5-10 foot tall tidal waves likely
- Cyclone Amphan: What Met Office say in special bulletin no 24
- ‘Amphan’ moves 165km towards Bangladesh in a night
- Amphan moving forwards with speed of 245 kmph
- Super Cyclone ‘Amphan’ 700 km near to Bangladesh
- 1617 new infected in 24hrs, 16 more dead
- Cyclone Amphan: Live updates
- Dhaka’s air quality good today
- 1532 new infected in 24 hrs, 28 die
- Apurba and Tisha ‘Missing’
- Trump calls WHO a puppet of China
- Uber Eats going to be closed in Bangladesh
- Cyclone Amphan: Great Danger Signal likely to be issued
- Online store “Facebook Shops” launched
- Nushrat wants to get married!
- Nearly 5000 recover from COVID-19 in country