Fire kills 3 incl child in capital’s Eskaton
Published: 09:21 AM, 27 February 2020 Updated: 01:23 PM, 27 February 2020
Three people, including a child, were killed in a fire at a garage on Dilu Road in the capital’s Eskaton early this morning.
The incident took place around 4.30 am on Thursday. Later, the fire came under control at 6 am after the hours-long combined effort of seven units of fire brigades.
The duty officer from the fire service control room Md Ershad confirmed this matter. He said two people were burned in the fire. In addition, three more people became ill with smoke. The five have been admitted to Dhaka Medical College (DMC) Hospital.
The victims are Shahidul Islam and his wife Jannatul Ferdous. The other three are admitted to the One-Stop Service Center of the emergency unit of the hospital. These are Sumaiya Akhter, her son Mahdi, and Mahmudul Hasan.
SI Bachchu Mia, in-charge of the police outpost at Dhaka Medical College Hospital, said there are five fire victims admitted to the hospital. The bodies of the three deceased are also placed in the morgue.
The identity of the victims could not be immediately identified as the fire burned, the police official said.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known.
- No Patient at Chandpur ICDDRB
- Child dies of fever, 6 families under quarantine in Jhalakathi
- Barsha Baran event at Ramna Batamul postponed
- 60 Australian newspapers to stop printing
- Canadian thriller ‘Corona’ touted first COVID-19 movie
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- BNP is not with people in coronavirus fight
- Legendary jazz trumpeter Wallace Roney dies of coronavirus
- Eight samples collected in Ctg, results afternoon
- Free Coronavirus test in DMCH, result in 3 hrs
- All Pohela Boishakh events cancelled
- Measures taken to meet milk, egg, fish and meat demand
- Coronavirus test in Rajshahi begins
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 6 in Bangladesh
- Coronavirus claims lives of two US activists
- Lata Mangeshkar donates Rs 25 lakh to fight against coronavirus
- Pak legend sportsman dies of corona
- Temperature may rise by 1-2°C
- Worker killed in Satkhira road crash
- Holy Ka`aba Sharif Tawaf resumed
- Coronavirus is worst crisis since World War II: UN Chief
- 100 shops gutted in Khulna fire
- 3 new coronavirus patients identified, 54 in total
- Coronavirus alone took only 2.3 percent lives in Italy!
- Corona test at BSMMU begins today; result in 4 hrs!
- One more dies from coronavirus in country
- Buttler auctions WC final jersey to raise funds
- India coronavirus death toll rises to 45
- Lost beauty of Bandarban restored
- 5 correct rules for mobile charging
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- Hantavirus: All you need to know
- Japan claims to develop COVID-19 vaccine
- Corona death surging to 19000
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- School holiday draws to Eid
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- Coronavirus affected nurse kills herself ‘to protect others’
- Italy reports 683 more coronavirus deaths
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- 11 killed as gunmen attack Sikh religious complex in Kabul
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 5 in country
- UN urges to ease sanctions against countries fighting COVID-19
- Gopalganj road crashes kill 2 motorcyclists, injure 26
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Prince Charles tests positive for Covid-19
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium