Fire at Chawkbazar again, 3 suffer burns
Published: 09:55 PM, 2 March 2019
Three youths suffered “severe burns” as a fire broke out at a scrap metal shop in Old Dhaka’s Chawkbazar area this afternoon.
The fire originated at the scrap-metal shop in Kamalbagh area around 5:00pm, leaving two workers and younger brother of the shop owner burn-injured, police and officials of Fire Service and Civil Defence said.
Soon after the fire started engulfing the surrounding areas, locals rushed to the spot and doused it with their own efforts, they said. Fire Service and Civil Defence officials primarily suspected that the fire might have originated from an explosion of a gas cylinder.
The injured are Sumon, 32, Nur-e-Alam, 30, and Mohammad Suman, 28. They are now undergoing treatment at the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital, said Sub-Inspector Bachchu Mia, in-charge of the hospital unit police outpost.
Of them, Sumon sustained 18 percent burn injuries while Nur-e-Alam 30 percent and Mohammad Suman 26 percent, Bachchu Mia said.
The fire incident happened just 10 days after the fatal fire that broke out at a chemical warehouse in Chawkbazar area of Old Dhaka on February 20, leaving at least 71 people dead.
- Security around Supreme Court beefed up
- Coronavirus scary: Samsung`s factory closed
- Today’s sports on TV
- Bus kills 9 months’ kid with mum
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- Faf du Plessis steps down as South Africa captain
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- 3 children among 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Australia car fire