Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
Published: 03:31 PM, 13 June 2019 Updated: 04:15 PM, 13 June 2019
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal has started unveiling the national budget for the financial year 2019-20 (FY20) at the Jatiya Sangsad.
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal has started rolling out the national budget for the financial year 2019-20 (FY20) at the Jatiya Sangsad on Thursday.
The finance minister started budget speech at around 3.00 pm as invited by Jatiya Sangsad Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury.
This is the country’s 48th budget and the 20th of the Awami League (AL) government in five terms while Tajuddin Ahmed presented the first budget as the finance minister of the post-independence Bangabandhu government in 1972.
Kamal is announcing his first budget as the country’s 12th finance minister after taking the charge of the finance ministry in the third consecutive term of AL government.
AMA Muhith and Saifur Rahman presented the highest 12 budgets each at different terms of their respective governments.
Muhith, however, is the first finance minister who placed the budget for 10 consecutive fiscals since 2009 until he went on retirement after the end of last parliament.
Earlier on the day, the cabinet in its special meeting, with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair in the Jatiya Sangsad Bhaban cabinet room, approved the proposed budget for the coming financial year.
The finance minister, other cabinet ministers and state ministers concerned attended the meeting.
The budget documents are available on the website of the finance division www.mof.gov.bd. The documents are also available on www.bangladesh.gov.bd, www.nbr-bd.org, www.plancomm.gov.bd, www.imed.gov.bd, www.bdpressinform.org and www.pmo.gov.bd.
Any person or organization at home and abroad can send feedback, opinion or recommendations by filling up a form after downloading it from the website.
Post budget press conference will be held tomorrow at 3 pm in capital’s Bangabandhu International Conference Center (BICC).
- Artificial milk production: Cost TK 6, Sell TK 61!
- HC fixed further time for Greenline
- Abduction, blackmale then ransom
- Rooppur pillow issue: HC waits for ministry’s action
- Verdict against 5 Gaibandha Razakars any day
- Rajshahi Kings sign JP Duminy
- Death convict surrendered
- Law minister doesn’t consider Priya’s statement as seditious offence
- BJP politician downs Darwin’s theory of evolution
- No action to be taken hastily against Priya Saha: Quader
- 7 including 4 cops killed in dual blast in Pakistan
- WhatsApp: Security & privacy
- Tractor rams motorcyclist in Dinajpur
- Fire at Banani multi-storey building again
- Eating burger links chronic diseases!
- Hammerhead shark found first-ever
- Court denies bail for Minni
- Drug peddler killed in Teknaf gunfight
- 28 killed in N. Afghanistan airstrike
- Heatwave in U.S. kills 6
- Rain likely to increase in next 72 hrs
- Bail hearing for Minni today
- Death toll hits 15 in Chinese gas plant explosion
- 2 sedition cases filed against Priya Saha
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Not only diplomacy but economic issues should also be emphasised
- Over 22,000 rally in Moscow for fair polls
- Today’s sports on TV
- Zimbabwe not taking part Bangladesh T20 tri-series
- Hong Kong actor Simon Yam stabbed on stage in China
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- HM Ershad passes away
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- How to get HSC result
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Minni sent to jail
- PM urges DCs to be sincere for accelerated development
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur