Father killed 40 days innocent girl dropping into water
Published: 08:47 PM, 18 January 2020 Updated: 08:48 PM, 18 January 2020
A father killed his 40 days old daughter dropping into water in Amtali upazila of Barguna, accused father Jahangir Sikder has been arrested.
Police arrested the accused Jahangir from Gochakhali village of Gulishakhali union of Amtali upazila on Saturday noon.
Earlier on Friday, Zidani’s mother Seema Begum filed a murder case at Amtali Police Station against the unidentified accused.
At that time, Jahangir Sikder was taken to the police station for preliminary questioning and he admitted to killing the girl.
It is learned that Jahangir Sikder and Seema Begum have two daughter Shohagi(9) and Jannati (3). Their third daughter Zidani was born on December 8, 2019.
However, the father could not accept the birth of daughter as he was expecting a son.
Since the birth of the daughter, a dispute arose between Jahangir and his wife over various issues. Even, he didn’t touch the daughter for once since birth.
Locals said that Father Jahangir Sikder was lying in the bed room with Zidani at around 10pm on Friday. His wife Seema Begum and his mother-in-law Parul Begum were doing household chores outside the house at the time. The mother of the child Seema and grandmother Parul Begum entered the house around 11 pm and shouted not to see Zidani and his father Jahangir.
Neighbors and others in the house rushed to them. At around 11am, the body of the deceased was recovered, along with her bedsheets from the pool behind the house.
Upon receiving the news, police at Amtali police recovered the body of the child at around 3pm and sent it to the morgue of Barguna General Hospital for autopsy.
Police brought Jahangir Sikder to the police station for questioning on suspicion of involvement in the incident. Upon police interrogation, he confessed his involvement in the murder.
Amtali Police Station Officer-in-Charge Abul Bashar has confirmed the arrest of the deceased’s father. He will be arraigned at court on Sunday.
- Police involved in Delhi mosque blaze incident
- Handover book to children, not smartphone: Information Minister
- 15 families confined over fence
- China to send 100,000 ducks to battle Pakistan’s locust plague
- 12 Jamaat-e-Islami activists sent to Jail
- Airport underpass being launched on Bangabandhu’s birthday
- 2 detained with 66kg weed in Natore
- Drug smuggler caught at airport with yaba in stomach
- Perera, Pradeep back in Sri Lanka T20 squad
- College girl on deathbed in torture of ‘Jiner Badshah’
- Youth arrested with 10,000 pc. of yaba
- Drug dealer detained with yaba in Pirojpur
- All from Cox’s Bazar Land Acquisition Branch immediately transferred
- Quota system reformed in Class-XI admission
- 11kg silver seized at Satkhira border
- ‘Shukno Golap’ of Nahid released
- BD in top among hilsa enriched countries
- BD women’s T20 WC ends with two straight defeats
- Take measures to control mosquitoes ahead of rainy season: PM
- Germany suspends cooperation with Myanmar until Rohingya repatriation
- Don’t work without appointment letter: Hasan Mahmud urges journalists
- Power price hike again by Tk 7.13 per unit
- Ways to remove dirk circle under eyes in 10 minutes!
- Bangladesh under pressure losing openers
- 4 brick kilns demolished, fined Tk 14 lakh
- Khaleda’s bail plea rejected
- Garbage stack removed from Habiganj hospital gate
- Mamata Banerjee’s poem amid Delhi violence
- Italy expats urged to stay uppermost alert
- Acid thrown to make Muslims eyeless in Delhi
- All News »
- 1.10 min video of Papiya leaked
- Papiya used 12 Russian beauties as bait for VIPs
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Salman Shah`s wishes fulfilled: Samira
- Death toll climbs to 21 in Delhi clashes
- Two doctors die of coronavirus within 24hrs
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Salman Shah commits suicide, not murdered: PBI
- Fly to space at TK 6 cr only!
- PM critical of speaking Bangla in English accent
- 3 killed after crane crashes on sets of Kamal Haasan
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- Motorcycle accident kills 2 women in Banani
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Fire kills 3 incl child in capital’s Eskaton
- Chinese President lauds Sheikh Hasina
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in UAE
- President, PM pay homage to Language Heroes
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- 112 more die of coronavirus
- Amal Clooney will fight for Rohingya
- Pilkhana carnage day today
- Metals more ‘harmful’ than nicotine found in Benson, Gold Leaf
- 120 terrorists killed in Niger military operation
- Zimbabwe opt to bat in Dhaka Test