Child Tuhin murder
Father brought Tuhin out of house, murdered by uncle and cousin
Published: 08:29 PM, 15 October 2019
Child Tuhin was murdered by uncle Nasir Uddin and cousin Shahriar. However, Tuhin’s father Bachir has helped in this mischievous work. He was the one who brought Tuhin out of the house.
Sunamganj Additional SP Mizanur Rahman said this at a press briefing on Tuesday evening.
He said, “The father and uncle have confessed to killing Tuhin. Uncle Nasir Uddin and cousin Shahriar gave confessional statements to the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate.”
Meanwhile, the court granted a three-day remand of father Abdul Bachir, uncle Abdul Muchabbir and neighbor’s uncle Jamshed Ali over Tuhin murder.
Sunamganj Senior Judicial Magistrate Court Judge Shyam Kanta Sinha granted the remand on Tuesday afternoon.
Confirming the matter, Molla Abu Taher, the investigating officer of the case, told that two relatives have been given confessional statements under 164 over the murder of child Tuhin. They were taken to the court of Judicial Magistrate Md Khaled Mia at 3:45 pm.
Tuhin’s father Abdul Basir, uncle Abdul Muchabbir, Yasir Uddin, neighbor Azizul Islam, aunt Khairun Nesha and cousin Tania are in police custody for questioning. Two of them were taken to court.
“We will talk about the case and the murder soon,” said Sunamganj Additional SP Md Mizanur Rahman. However, he acknowledged that some of Tuhin’s relatives confessed under 164 in the court.
Earlier on Monday, Tuhin, son of Abdul Baser Mia of Kenaura village in the upazila, was brutally murdered by some miscreants. Victim’s relatives said Tuhin was picked up by the killers from his house sometime at night while he was asleep.
The miscreants severed his ear, private parts, and throat and hung his body from a tree. Two knives used in the murder were found stuck in his abdomen.
Considering the intensity of the violence, the news of the murder triggered widespread outcry on social media.
On information, police recovered the body of the child at 10:00 am on Monday and sent it to Sunamganj Sadar Hospital for autopsy. The body of the child was buried on Monday night after autopsy.
On Monday, police brought six people to the police station for questioning. They are —Tuhin’s father Abdul Basir, uncle Abdul Muchabbir, Yasir Uddin, neighbor Azizul Islam, aunt Khairun Nesha and cousin Tania.
Locals said Tuhin’s father had a dispute with some people in the village over land, due to this Tuhin might be killed. Two names Salatul and Suleman were found in the knife, but it was believed to be done by the family and relatives to trap the opponents.
- Ethiopia to unveil referendum results on new state on Saturday
- Road accidents kill 2 in Ctg
- Probe body formed over Munshiganj road crash
- NU 1st year degree exams to begin Nov 24
- Parash to be the chairman of Jubo League!
- Helper killed in Cumilla bus-pickup collision
- MP Bubly expelled from Awami League
- Kohli, bowlers put India in command
- Ebadat removes Pujara, 3 down for India
- 18 held for giving proxy in NSI recruitment test
- ‘Unnecessary’ overseas tours of govt officers
- BNP`s movement issue no more exists: Quader
- DU to introduce online service on Dec 1
- Bus service resumes in Jashore
- ‘Violent conflict likely if Rohingya crisis not resolved’
- Concussed Liton, Nayeem replaced by Miraz, Taijul
- New onion in the market for Tk 60
- Let`s make healthy ‘Spinach-mushrooms’
- Syria war kills 29,000 children
- 21 yrs old become the youngest judge in India
- Munshiganj fatal road crash: Identity of 9 found
- Female UP member occupied farmer’s land
- Bangladesh’s first concussion replacement in test cricket
- Fatal road crash in Munshiganj leaves 10 dead
- Ishant takes a fifer, Bangladesh all out for 106
- Global participants showcase community health workers’ role
- Colombia anti-government protesters clash with police
- Historic Shat Gombuj Masjid increases revenue income
- 559 dengue patients hospitalized in country
- 70 gold bars seized at Ctg airport
- All News »
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- Incredible! - ‘This picture is hand-painted!’
- Swechchhasebok League’s council today
- Fire breaks out at Rajdhani Super Market
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Myanmar genocide case hearing next month: UN court
- Messi on target as Argentina beat Brazil
- Graduation at 9!
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- PM seeks larger UAE investment in Bangladesh
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft starts
- Swechchhasebok League gets new President, GS
- Srijit’s talks on marriage with Mithila
- International Men’s Day today
- Dhaka rope Mashrafe, Tamim
- Bangladesh now a beggar-free country; says Quader
- Messi-led Argentina arrive in Israel for Uruguay friendly
- Thousands devotees in Lokenath Ashram with luminaries
- BPL Players’ draft: Who in which team
- Sand-laden vessel sinks in Meghna being hit by launch: 3 missing
- PSC, Ebtedayee terminal exams begin tomorrow
- Abrar murder: Arrest warrant issued against 4
- Malaysia to hire Bangladeshi workers at low cost
- Amazon appeals $10B Pentagon contract won by Microsoft
- 5 dead in Bolivia clashes challenging interim govt
- Delightful 2nd day of Dhaka Int’l Folk fest today
- 2.5-km to be visible
- PM joins gleaming Dubai air show
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft this evening
- Nusrat Jahan at ICU