Factional clash of BCL at CMC, 10 hurt
Published: 12:26 PM, 5 January 2018 Updated: 08:30 PM, 22 January 2018
Comilla Medical College (File photo)
10 people were injured in a clash between two groups of Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) in Comilla Medical College (CMC) on Thursday night. All of them are BCL activist. Condition of two injured are so critical.
According to witness and police source, the clash ensued at the Sheikh Russel Dormitory around 2:30 am between two groups of the BCL over establishing supremacy in the Medical College. The injured students are supporters of BCL of Comilla Medical College former president Abdul Hannan and Habibur Rahman.
Two of the seriously injured students were identified as Toufiq Ahmed, supporters of Abdul Hannan and Irfanul Haque, supporter of Habibur Rahman. Both of them are student of 23rd batch in the medical college. They are seriously injured.
Irfanul was taken to Dhaka Medical College Hospital after the incident. Toufiq was admitted to the city`s Moon Hospital. Later, he was taken to Dhaka for admission in Dhaka Medical College Hospital around 10am on Friday.
The remaining injured students were admitted to the Comilla Medical College Hospital.
According to the college sources, supporters of Habibur Rahman attacked Abdul Hannan`s supporters at the dormitory in the midnight. At the time, both sides got involved in a clash with the sticks and knifes.
College Principal Mohsin-uz-Zaman Chowdhury said, "There was a clash between two factions of BCL on midnight yesterday. We have informed it the law enforcement agencies and the local MP. College Academic Council called a meeting to discussions about the prevailing situation.
Comilla Kotwali Model Thana Officer-in-Charge (OC) Abu Salam Mia said, "Both of the BCL factions have made trouble between themselves. Police brought the situation under control. No case has been filed so far."
In connection with the collision, two groups of leading people have been approached to contact the mobile phone. But they did not call anyone.
In the last six months, there were three clashes between the parties.
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Lightning kills 9 in 4 districts
- `Action against who discourage Rohingya `
- August 15 and 21 are in same knot
- First successful Air-raid in history
- Kashmir: Bone of contention between India-Pakistan
- Israel detains 16 Palestinians in West Bank raids
- Golden fibre makes farmer smile
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 15 houses fined having Aedes larvae in city
- Mother’s fight to fulfill daughter’s wish
- 3-day ‘Tree Fair’ begins in Manirampur
- ‘Sonar Bangla should be established to pay homage to Bangabandhu’
- Soroj Mehedi becomes BD Chief executive to MEDCOM-2020
- Big profit in little invest
- PEC exam schedule published
- Commerce Minister sought Brazil’s help to rise export
- Soumitra Chatterjee discharged from hospital
- Israel seeks to beat PTSD with ‘ecstasy’ therapy
- Mechanized farming in Bishwanath
- Mosharraf Karim flew to Canada on birthday!
- Air-ticket on mobile app
- Rohingya refused to go back
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- 2,549 dengue patients return home after recovery in Khulna
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- PM urges to improve Biman’s passenger services
- Nurse murdered over ‘triangle extra-marital affair’
- Rangpur farmers happy with better jute price
- Bubly wants to work with another instead of Shakib
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves