Factional clash of BCL at CMC, 10 hurt
Published: 12:26 PM, 5 January 2018 Updated: 08:30 PM, 22 January 2018
Comilla Medical College (File photo)
10 people were injured in a clash between two groups of Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) in Comilla Medical College (CMC) on Thursday night. All of them are BCL activist. Condition of two injured are so critical.
According to witness and police source, the clash ensued at the Sheikh Russel Dormitory around 2:30 am between two groups of the BCL over establishing supremacy in the Medical College. The injured students are supporters of BCL of Comilla Medical College former president Abdul Hannan and Habibur Rahman.
Two of the seriously injured students were identified as Toufiq Ahmed, supporters of Abdul Hannan and Irfanul Haque, supporter of Habibur Rahman. Both of them are student of 23rd batch in the medical college. They are seriously injured.
Irfanul was taken to Dhaka Medical College Hospital after the incident. Toufiq was admitted to the city`s Moon Hospital. Later, he was taken to Dhaka for admission in Dhaka Medical College Hospital around 10am on Friday.
The remaining injured students were admitted to the Comilla Medical College Hospital.
According to the college sources, supporters of Habibur Rahman attacked Abdul Hannan`s supporters at the dormitory in the midnight. At the time, both sides got involved in a clash with the sticks and knifes.
College Principal Mohsin-uz-Zaman Chowdhury said, "There was a clash between two factions of BCL on midnight yesterday. We have informed it the law enforcement agencies and the local MP. College Academic Council called a meeting to discussions about the prevailing situation.
Comilla Kotwali Model Thana Officer-in-Charge (OC) Abu Salam Mia said, "Both of the BCL factions have made trouble between themselves. Police brought the situation under control. No case has been filed so far."
In connection with the collision, two groups of leading people have been approached to contact the mobile phone. But they did not call anyone.
In the last six months, there were three clashes between the parties.
- Merkel visits Auschwitz for first time
- No change in post of AL president in next council: Quader
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- Rebels kill 17 in eastern Congo
- Shakhawat, Rokeya win silver in SAG weightlifting
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- Myanmar Navy handed over 17 Bangladeshi fishermen
- Saudi Aramco raises $25.6 billion in biggest-ever IPO
- Cosmos Dialogue on Bangladesh-Canada trade tomorrow
- Gas supply to stay shut in Farmgate, Shukrabad tomorrow
- Radish’s ‘Jafrani kabab’
- Minister laid Press Club building foundation stone in Kaliakair
- ‘No one will be exempted involving corruption’
- Bogura Zilla Awami League council tomorrow
- BNP’s behaviour in court unpardonable: Quader
- RAB detained 3 members of snatcher cycle
- Bangladeshi archers shine on opening day
- Modi, Pranab, Sonia to join Bangabandhu`s birth centenary
- Agriculture Minister inaugurates ‘Krisoker Bazar’
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Pancake without eggs!
- Language movement-liberation war’s colorful paintings on wall
- Child body recover from pond
- Giant ‘Tiger Shark’ caught in Chattogram
- ACC detained 2 civil aviation officials
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- 23 kidnapped from Mexican rehab clinic
- Bangladesh to honour 380 Indian soldiers: FM
- New South Wales bushfires condition worsen
- Hemayet 5th World Carrom rankings
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- ‘No Dorai’ released at 8 halls
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Get about newly elected Metropolitan AL leaders
- Trump makes surprise visit to Afghanistan
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- PM opens AL’s Dhaka City units council
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- 7 dead in small plane crash in Canada
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- Shaon in bridal dress!
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- Video app TikTok unblocks teen who posted on China`s Muslims
- Sunny Leone’s ‘Hello G’
- Siam’s new look in ‘Ittefaq’
- Bridge attacker jailed for terror crimes: UK police
- Truck loaded with 40-ton onion missing
- PM flies to Spain on Sunday to join COP25
- ‘Daughter in admissions scandal’ Olivia returns to YouTube
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Euro-2020: Match schedule
- Flower blooms with Azan