Facebook viral ‘Raihan Bhai’ lands in jail
Published: 08:43 PM, 12 May 2020 Updated: 08:46 PM, 12 May 2020
The youth named Raihan who was going by the name ‘Raihan Bhai’ on social media and known for his obscene gestures on live streaming video, and also made offensive comments on law enforcers recently, has given a confessional statement in court. He was later sent to jail.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Abu Sayeed recorded his statement under Section 164 of the Criminal Procedure Code on Tuesday.
It is worth to be mentioned that the name ‘Raihan Bhai’ alias Raihan Alam suddenly went viral on Facebook. The 25-year-old quickly went viral after coming live on Facebook for smoking, violent behavior, displaying obscene gestures, and making obscene remarks in the name of various people.
The issue came to the notice of the cyber team of the Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) when it was discussed on various Facebook-based volunteer groups.
Although he was verbally warned, Raihan did not stop. On the contrary, he made offensive remarks about police, RAB on a live streaming video recently. He also threatened the entrepreneurs of various voluntary organizations, saying “he socially harassed them.”
Meanwhile, there were allegations that Raihan is also involved in serious crimes like blackmailing women. In the wake of these allegations, RAB arrested him on Monday.
A case was filed against him under the Digital Security Act with Mirpur Model Police Station. On Tuesday, the investigating officer appealed for the record of voluntary confession in that case. Following the appeal, the judge recorded Raihan’s statement.
It is learned that Raihan, 25, completed a BBA course from a college. But currently do nothing. He lives with his family in West Shewrapara.
According to the RAB, a large number of pictures, pornographic videos, and screenshots of offensive chats with women were recovered from Raihan’s mobile phone and computer – from which he blackmailed women at different times and also saved for future blackmailing.
- Thousands offer Eid prayers in knee-deep water
- President offers Eid prayers at Bangabhaban
- PM greets FFs with gifts on Eid
- Noble faces RAB interrogation
- Stay home and stay safe: Tamim
- IGP offers Eid prayers at central police mosque
- Google Doodle celebrates Kazi Nazrul Islam’s birthday
- DNCC mayor exchanges Eid greetings with doctors, nurses
- Stand by the helpless on Eid: Information Minister
- Rain likely on Eid day
- Highest 1,975 COVID-19 cases in a day, 21 die
- India resumed domestic flights after two months
- Main congregation of Eid-ul-Fitr held at Baitul Mukarram
- Eid prayers performed in compliance with health rules
- 3 killed in two private cars collision in capital
- A different Eid being celebrated all over the country
- This coronavirus period will end one day: IGP
- Kazi Nazrul Islam’s 121st birth anniv today
- Holy Eid-ul-Fitr today
- Former AL MP Moqbul dies of coronavirus
- PM urges all to celebrate Eid staying home
- Wuhan lab had three live bat coronaviruses
- ‘Comments over relief misappropriation is heinous mentality’
- Cumilla sees record COVID-19 cases in a day
- Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated tomorrow
- Kazi Nazrul Islam’s 121st birth anniversary tomorrow
- 21 incl mother-daughter infected with coronavirus in Faridpur
- Gazipur reports 27 new COVID-19 cases
- Holidaymakers leaving Dhaka defying COVID-19 infection
- Over 2,250,000 people recovered from coronavirus
- All News »
- Tisha’s warning amid Apurba-Nazia split out; Why?
- Finally Apurba himself unveils the mystery
- Nazia urges all not to blame Apurba over divorce
- Apurba -Tisha: A diverse romantic story
- ‘Movement Pass’ will be required for movement
- Pak model Zara Abid feared dead in plane crash
- Track of cyclone ‘Amphan’ (Live)
- New record of deaths and cases in 24hrs
- After ‘Amphan’, there will be ‘Cyclone Nisharga’
- Watch the track of very severe cyclonic storm ‘Amphan’
- Highest COVID-19 deaths, cases recorded in 24 hrs
- ‘Amphan’ closer to Bangladesh; Great Danger Signal No 10 issued
- 1694 infected in 24hrs, 24 more dead
- Great danger signal for Ctg-Cox’s Bazar too
- Nawazuddin’s wife Aalia sends legal notice seeking divorce
- ‘Amphan’ likely to hit late night
- Death toll in Pakistan plane crash hits 66
- Super cyclone Amphan claims 9 lives
- 1251 new infected in 24hrs, 21 more dead
- PIA flight with 98 passengers crashes in Pakistan
- ‘Amphan’ may cross Khulna-Chattogram coast
- Cyclone Amphan: 5-10 foot tall tidal waves likely
- Amphan moving forwards with speed of 245 kmph
- Popular model dead in Pakistan plane crash
- Cyclone Amphan: Live updates
- Super Cyclone ‘Amphan’ 700 km near to Bangladesh
- ‘Amphan’ moves 165km towards Bangladesh in a night
- Cyclone Amphan: What Met Office say in special bulletin no 24
- 1617 new infected in 24hrs, 16 more dead
- Cyclone Amphan: Great Danger Signal likely to be issued