FaceApp occupies 15 crore subscribers’ gallery!
Published: 12:12 PM, 19 July 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Millions of subscribers are using a Russian face photo editing software named FaaceApp without hesitation, seeking to know how to look yourself after 30-40 years millions of subscribers use’ Faceapp’. But whether it is threatening their privacy while using it, many people have no headache for it.
According to the App Annie, more than 100 million people have already downloaded the ‘Faceapp’ from the Google Play Store. Besides, this Russian Wireless Lab created app is also at the top of the IOS App Store among 121 countries.
A recent report published in the popular US magazine Forbes, shows according to the Faceapp conditions, they collect various information on the device including user's IP address, browser cookies, log files, location. Besides while downloading the app, the company gets complete ownership of the photo for a lifetime.
They can use this photo wherever they are happy. Even, the matter will not need to inform the original owner of the photo. In return, the customer cannot claim any kind of payment.
However, the biggest allegation against Faceapp is when using the app, the company wants access to the entire gallery of the customer's phone. Security analysts believe that these images are stored on their own servers.
Rob La Gesse, former manager of online database-based company Rackspace, said, ‘to use Faceapp, it has to be allowed to touch all the photos on the phone. The app also collects online search related information including the phone system. Moreover, the app has the ability to work in the background. That means, even if you do not use the phone, Faceapp will use you.
The present era is called the age of data analysis. Personal information has become more valuable than money and gold. It is possible to know, through collecting small information about someone, someone’s movements, mind-mentality, past-present. And in the market this information is much valuable. Different organizations create personalized ads based on these information, with which the person can easily be influenced.
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- Man killed in Dhaka road crash
- How to advance in career when your boss won’t help
- Action against bribe payer too: PM
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Huge crowd at terminals
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future