Rohingya repatriation issue
FM seeks French for safe return in Rakhine
Published: 07:17 PM, 28 February 2019
Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen sought continued French support in creating conducive atmosphere inside Myanmar’s Rakhine State for Rohingyas’ dignified return to their motherland with safety.
The minister made the urge while a delegation of “France-South East Asia”, the inter-parliamentary friendship group, headed by the Senator and President Jacky DEROMEDI called on him at Foreign Affairs Ministry in the capital on Thursday.
The other members of the delegation are Jerome DURIAN, President of the Bangladesh sub-group, Simon SUTOUR, Senator of Gard Region and Anne Laure SAINT-DIZIER, Executive and Secretary of the Senate House.
Highly appreciating the significant support that was extended by Bangladesh to the Rohingya people, the French delegation, during the meeting, assured Bangladesh of their continuous support to the cause of Rohingya issue.
The foreign minister appreciated the existing excellent mutual understanding between Bangladesh and France on the important issues like climate change and peacekeeping.
He also urged the French businessmen and investors to invest in Bangladesh’s energy, infrastructure and other sectors for taking the advantages of the country’s demographic dividend and attractive packages that are on offer in our 100 Special Economic Zones (SEZ).
The delegation appreciated the impressive development in Bangladesh and expressed their interest to organise a Business Forum within French parliament, engaging the French business community, where Bangladesh could showcase the huge economic and business opportunities which are currently existing in Bangladesh.
The delegation met Speaker Dr. Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury and members of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs on Wednesday.
The delegation also visited a garment factory situated nearby Dhaka.
- Kurigram Freedom Day tomorrow
- Storm over new black hole issue
- China to invest $9.11m in Adamjee EPZ
- Portugal resists US appeal to bar Huawei from 5G network bid
- Anyone can donate kidney on humanitarian ground: HC
- Gazipur spinning mill fire doused
- ICAB arranges programme on business leadership
- France shuts down: Mass strike hits trains, Eiffel Tower
- House will draft Trump impeachment articles, Pelosi says
- Sun yields its secrets to Parker Solar Probe
- DMP detained 49 in anti-narcotics drive
- ‘Government will take legal action against chaos in court’
- 9 killed in India’s Madhya Pradesh
- College girl dies in Gazipur train accident
- ACC recovers 125 sacks of rice in Cumilla
- E-Passport to be introduced on Dec 15: Momen
- 50 Yrs of naming ‘Bangladesh`
- Vice chairman’s three-storey house demolished
- 2 arrested with firearms in Rupganj
- 1 in 8 afford out for nutritious diet: Report
- 4 killed in Poland gas blast, 4 missing
- Bangladesh beats Sri Lanka
- NBR’s extensive prog to observe VAT DAY, VAT Week
- Do not waste the environment in courtroom; says CJ
- Youth killed at in-law’s house after love-marriage
- Suhrawardy`s death anniv observed
- AG minister wants to export agricultural products
- Fire in Tongi factory: 11-unit firefighter to douse
- Accused dies in court praying for bail
- Bridges on Bhola-Barishal route by 2025
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- OC Moazzem gets 8-yr jail
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- Get about newly elected Metropolitan AL leaders
- Singer Asif turns actor
- ‘No Dorai’ released at 8 halls
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- PM opens AL’s Dhaka City units council
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- Trump makes surprise visit to Afghanistan
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- 7 dead in small plane crash in Canada
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- Shaon in bridal dress!
- Video app TikTok unblocks teen who posted on China`s Muslims
- Trump signs Hong Kong human rights act
- Sunny Leone’s ‘Hello G’
- Siam’s new look in ‘Ittefaq’
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- PM flies to Spain on Sunday to join COP25
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- Truck loaded with 40-ton onion missing
- Flower blooms with Azan
- Bridge attacker jailed for terror crimes: UK police
- PM opens 4 dev schemes incl 5 new ships
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Barca, Man United, Juventus to play tonight