Explore new market for jute goods: PM
Published: 12:20 PM, 6 March 2019 Updated: 02:00 PM, 6 March 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has urged to explore new markets in the competitive world market for jute goods.
The Prime Minister urged this at the inaugural function of the National Jute Day-2019 and Diversified Jute Products Fair at Bangabandhu International Conference Center (BICC) in the capital on Wednesday.
The Jute Day is being observed across the country today with the slogan of “Sonali Asher Sonali Desh, Jatir Pitar Bangladesh”.
Announcing incentives for the private sector to boost production and export of jute and jute goods, Sheikh Hasina called upon all concerned to take effective steps for making the jute sector profitable to sustain the jute industry.
“Jute is such a product, nothing of which is wasted. So, why it will count losses … I don’t hear (any) loss (from it) and attention will have to be given on how the industry could be made profitable,” she said.
“I believe that we will be able to make the sector profitable by innovating new products … I’m not with the people who are pessimistic, I’m always optimistic,” the premier added.
The prime minister said that the government support for development of the sector will continue. “But we want to give more importance to the private sector. As much as the private sector will come forward, the jute industry will be flourished to that extent,” she said.
Sheikh Hasina said her government is giving incentives to other sectors for accelerating the pace of the country’s development. “We will also provide incentives to those involved in the jute sector so that they can export more jute products,” she also said.
“As other export-oriented products are getting incentives, the jute products will also receive such incentives,” she added.
- Lemon cultivation gaining popularity in Panchagarh
- AL secretariat meeting tomorrow
- Black holes made of dark energy?
- PM hints at buying two more Boeing aircraft
- PM inaugurates Biman’s ‘Rajhangsa’
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- People’s reliance now on JP: GM Quader
- Plaintiff tries to suicide in court over husband’s bail
- Bangabandhu, Bangamata football tournament kicks-off!
- TCB to provide onion at Tk 45
- Durga Puja set-out in Jamalpur’s 210 temples
- ADB president to step down
- Rawdah of Rasulullah (SM) under Green Dome
- Puja Cherry got married!
- 27 policemen awarded in Dhaka Range Crime Conference
- Sheikh Hasina so far receives 37 int’l accolades
- Veteran coach Nazmul quits BCB
- U-23 squad announced for India tour
- Corruption in rice distribution
- Hilsa scarcity leads to paucity
- HC’s rule on CCSU election
- Smith takes 34-point lead over Kohli
- UAE introduces free visa on condition
- Woman carried away on mobility scooter in a hilarious state
- Probe report in BB reserve heist case on Oct 20
- IEEE accredited Bangladesh University
- Bosila militant den raid: Probe report on Oct 17
- Over 75 tigers died in Thailand for inbreeding fact
- Blast in Afghan President’s rally kills 24 civilians
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- Rohingya homes destroyed for government facilities
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Tajia procession brought out amid tight security
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects