Exemption with financial benefit by SI
Published: 05:16 PM, 25 June 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
A day after the detention of drug trader Russell Dorjee and Kawsar in Gazipur’s Kaliganj, allegations are made about releasing them with financial benefits. In the meantime, there is also a complaint against SI Abdur Rahman that he sent Kawsar to court after suing him.
On the other hand, there are also inconsistent accounts in yaba recovering. It is known that there is a village police (Chowkidar) involvement with the incident. On Tuesday morning, Kawsar’s visually impaired father Ayech Ali complained these to reporters.
According to sources, on June 20 night, village police (Chowkidar) Borhan Sheikh detained- the drug trader Russell Dorjee son of Montaj Uddin Dorjee of upazila’s Kapaish village and rickshaw puller Kawsar, son of visually impaired beggar Ayech Ali of Potan village (Dakshin Para) of Upazila’s Moktarpur UP- with 50 yabas from Ward No 3 Choiladi village of Upazila’s Jamalpur UP.
During that, Chowkidar Borhan released drug trader Russell after taking financial benefits from him. Money was sent to Borhan on the next day (June 21). In the meantime, when the matter is known, Jamalpur UP Chairman Mahbubur Rahman Faruk informed the police station.
Later, SI Abdur Rahman visits the spot and conducted a drive with village police (Chowkidar) Borhan and again detained Russell and Kawsar and taken to the police station. But on June 22, the SI filed a drug case (no. 23) against only Kawsar- exempt Russell- by showing 44 yabas with the police station.
“Russel and Kawsar were taken from the police station to Gazipur, but Russel was released on the way to Kapasia Road. However, SI Abdur Rahman took the financial benefits of fat money from the drug trader Russell’s people. And Chowkidar Borhan has been made witness,” said Jamalpur UP Chairman Mahbubur Rahman Faruq Master, quoting as accused Kawsar’s father Ayech Ali.
Later, while asking Chowkidar Borhan about the incident over phone, he admitted of detaining 50 yabas, but refused to accept financial benefits from the drug trader and cut off the phone line and switched it off.
When asking SI Abdur Rahman, he admitted the detention of both of them. However, Russell was released on the orders of OC for not getting any yaba from him and Kawsar was sent to the court after case, and “in 50 yabas, 6 yabas were broken, so 44 yabas were mentioned in the case,” said the SI
However, regarding the exempt of drug trader with financial benefits, he said, “All cannot be said over the phone. Visit the police station after evening and then we will talk about this.”
Kaliganj police OC Abubakar Mia said that he does not know the matter of drug trader Russell. “Kawsar was sent to Gazipur court as he was detained with yabas,” he added.
- Man to die for killing wife in Rajshahi
- DU students block Shahabagh again
- 24 dead in arson attack at Japan studio
- GM Quader appointed JaPa chairman
- Rocky passed HSC by writing with wrist
- We want to grab 1st place in producing fish: PM
- Flood in Assam, death toll rises to 27
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra
- Third prime accused Rishan Farazi held
- Hearing on writ challenges rickshaw ban today
- Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- PM inaugurates ‘National Fisheries Week-2019’
- Water level of Jamuna rises, 50 villages flooded
- Elon Musk wants to merge human brains with AI
- New EvilGnome Backdoor Spies on Linux Users, Steals Their Files
- Message in a bottle written 50 yrs ago found in Australia
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- Old Dhaka building collapse: Father-Son’s bodies recovered
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- England face Australia in high-voltage semis today