OIC appreciates Bio Farma
Excellent role in Vaccine Self Reliance among OIC country
Published: 01:11 PM, 27 November 2018 Updated: 04:08 PM, 27 November 2018
Delegations from the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) visited Bio Farma in Bandung, accompanied by Indonesia's National Agency of Drug and Food Control (BPOM) representatives.
President Director of Bio Farma M. Rahman Roestan said, “This is a strategic visit. We are honored by their visit to Bio Farma and they have expressed keen interest in our vaccines.”
The delegation represents pharmaceutical industries and drug regulatory authorities from the respective OIC member countries. The drug regulatory authority has a vital role in ensuring that drugs including vaccines meet standard quality.
Mr. Abdunur Sekindi, representing the OIC member countries delegation, said in his address that the Vaccine Manufacturing Group (VMG), a group within the OIC, has high regard for Bio Farma's vaccines.
“Bio Farma, a pioneer in vaccine manufacture, has collaborated with Arabio, a vaccine manufacturer based in Saudi Arabia. Bio Farma has also interacted with other manufacturers like in Morocco and Tunisia in sharing experience and knowledge in the field of vaccines.”
“Particularly with Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, Bangladesh, Egypt, Morocco and Turkey with the aim to strengthen one another in achieving vaccines self-reliance among OIC member countries,” said Sekindi.
Rahman Roestan added “We praise Allah that Bio Farma is one of a few vaccine manufacturers that has acquired WHO prequalification for its products. Among 100 vaccine industries globally, only less than 30 are WHO prequalified; one of them being Bio Farma, Indonesia. From 57 OIC member countries, only two countries are WHO prequalified. Apart from Bio Farma, the other is in Senegal where its Yellow fever vaccine is WHO prequalified and procured particularly throughout Central Africa and West Africa.”
“Till this day, there are 12 vaccines produced by Bio Farma that support national immunization programs globally. We have distributed our vaccines to more than 140 countries. The delegation wants to be assured that the production and control process meet WHO standards. To ensure self-reliance in vaccines, we are open to sharing our experience and knowledge to our friends that have visited us.”
In the previous meeting, in Jakarta, harmonization of halal medicines among OIC member countries has been discussed among others.
Bio Farma fully supports cooperation among OIC member countries to achieve self-reliance in medicines and vaccines production.
- JU `A` unit admission tests held
- How can you make your feet pretty?
- Bandit jumps into river gripping woman
- Charge sheet against Minni fabricated: Lawyer
- Foreign liquor recovered in Padma!
- Castor oil eliminate your acne problems
- Two kids drown in Jamalpur
- Delicious ‘Morog Khobani’ in this Puja
- Now police drive in Motijheel clubs
- AL identifies intruders
- `All must come forward against drug, sex-crime`
- DNCC launches eviction drive
- Minni in SC with father
- None will be allowed to run casino; says HM
- No lack of govt’s initiative on Rohingya repatriation
- 26 killed as bus rams into hill in Pakistan
- Saudi Arabia to avenge attacks on oil installations
- Gully Boy India’s entry for Oscars 2020
- Barca loses in its worst start in La Liga for 25 yrs
- BSMRSTU students protest continues for 4th day
- Kareena Kapoor kissed in birthday party
- Ferry services resume after 7 hours
- Light to moderate rain likely
- Aircraft hijacking suspect arrested after 34 years
- Shimulia-Kathalbari ferry services suspended
- Man drowns during underwater marriage proposal
- World Rivers Day today
- Man United, Liverpool to play today
- Rohingya married couple killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Chikon Kala: Jungle of insatiable demons
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- Chikon Kala: Jungle of insatiable demons
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- Shakib Khan’s talk on Salman Shah’s birthday celebration
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Puja Cherry got married!
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- US plan to explode moon with NUC bombing