Ex-Songazi OC Moazzem indicted
Published: 04:16 PM, 17 July 2019
A tribunal in Dhaka on Wednesday framed charges in a case filed under Digital Security Act against former Officer-in-Charge (OC) of Sonagazi Police Station Moazzem Hossain, scrapping a bail plea of the accused.
Moazzem, now in jail, pleaded not guilty and demanded justice after Judge Ash Sams Joglul Hossain of Bangladesh Cyber Tribunal framed the charges.
Rejecting his bail petition, the court also fixed July 31 to start recording the depositions of the witnesses.
Earlier on June 17, the tribunal sent Moazzem Hossain to jail after scrapping his plea for bail in the case lodged for recording Nusrat Jahan Rafi’s statement on video and spreading it online.
Moazzem was arrested from the capital’s Shabagh area on June 16.
The tribunal on May 27 issued arrest warrant against the disgraced cop a day after the Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI) submitted its probe report over the incident.
Investigation officer and PBI senior ASP Rima Sultana filed the report
at Bangladesh Cyber Tribunal on May 26, stating that they have found the allegations brought against the police official, true.
Supreme Court lawyer Barrister Syed Sayedul Haque Suman filed the case on April 15 with Bangladesh Cyber Tribunal under section 26, 29 and 31 of Digital Security Act (DSA).
Recording the testimony of the plaintiff, Judge Mohammad As-Shams Jaglul
Hossain of Bangladesh Cyber Tribunal asked deputy inspector general of Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI) to submit probe report on April 30.
According to the allegations, the former Sonagazi OC summoned Nusrat as she filed a case against Sonagazi Islamia Senior Fazil Madrasa principal
Sirajuddoula for sexual harassment.
The police official in his room started quizzing her about the incident and was recording the whole incident in absence of any lawyer or female cop. He was seen scolding her and asking Nusrat indecent questions. Moazzem later posted the video on different social media sites.
Nusrat was set on fire on April 6 by Sirajuddoula’s stooges and she succumbed to her injuries at Dhaka Medical College Hospital on April 10.
Nusrat had accused Sirajuddoula of harassing her sexually on March 27 while she was exposed to his extreme vengeance on April 6 as she went to the madrasa to appear in Alim examination.
A group of masked youths, later found to be the cronies of the disgraced principal, took Nusrat to the rooftop of the madrasa and set her on fire after tying her with her scarf.
- Esha Gupta injures in road accident
- Android 10: Changes look of mobile OS
- Bride’s family cracked groom’s head in wedding gate
- Boris Johnson puts his feet up in Macron`s palace
- Miley Cyrus slams rumors she cheated on Liam Hemsworth
- Strict security in capital around Janmashtami
- Eng meets Aus in 2nd day of Ashes 3rd Test
- Housewife dies of dengue in Satkhira
- Gunfight between two groups kills drug trader in Satkhira
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Janmashtami today
- India’s ex-finance minister on 5-day remand
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Lightning kills 9 in 4 districts
- `Action against who discourage Rohingya `
- August 15 and 21 are in same knot
- First successful Air-raid in history
- Kashmir: Bone of contention between India-Pakistan
- Israel detains 16 Palestinians in West Bank raids
- Golden fibre makes farmer smile
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 15 houses fined having Aedes larvae in city
- Mother’s fight to fulfill daughter’s wish
- 3-day ‘Tree Fair’ begins in Manirampur
- ‘Sonar Bangla should be established to pay homage to Bangabandhu’
- Soroj Mehedi becomes BD Chief executive to MEDCOM-2020
- Big profit in little invest
- PEC exam schedule published
- Commerce Minister sought Brazil’s help to rise export
- Soumitra Chatterjee discharged from hospital
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- World Mosquito Day today
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon