Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
Published: 03:44 PM, 16 June 2019 Updated: 09:22 AM, 17 June 2019
Police arrested former Officer-In-Charge (OC) of Sonagazi Police Station in Feni Moazzem Hossain from Shahbag thana area in the capital in a case filed under the Digital Security Act on Sunday.
Md Maruf Hossain Sarder, Deputy Commissioner (Ramna) of Dhaka Metropolitan Police, said that a team of Shahbag thana police arrested Moazem from the High Court area around 3:30 pm.
The arrest was made 20 days after a tribunal issued arrest warrant against him in a case filed under Digital Security Act.
Earlier, madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi went to Sonagazi Model Police Station to file a case against Sonagazi Islamia Fazil (Degree) Madrasa Principal Sirajuddaula, on March 27, for sexually assaulting her the day before.
But the then OC recorded a video of her statement without her consent, asking her offensive and insulting questions. The video then surfaced on various social media platforms, allegedly uploaded by Moazzem.
Supreme Court lawyer Syed Sayedul Haque Suman filed the case against Moazzem under the Digital Security Act on May 15. A tribunal issued an arrest warrant against him on May 27, after a police investigation found him guilty.
Nusrat, an Alim examinee, was set on fire by Sirajuddaula’s followers on April 6 for refusing to withdraw a rape attempt case her family had filed against him. She died from her injuries four days later at Dhaka Medical College Hospital’s burn unit.
- Artificial milk production: Cost TK 6, Sell TK 61!
- HC fixed further time for Greenline
- Abduction, blackmale then ransom
- Rooppur pillow issue: HC waits for ministry’s action
- Verdict against 5 Gaibandha Razakars any day
- Rajshahi Kings sign JP Duminy
- Death convict surrendered
- Law minister doesn’t consider Priya’s statement as seditious offence
- BJP politician downs Darwin’s theory of evolution
- No action to be taken hastily against Priya Saha: Quader
- 7 including 4 cops killed in dual blast in Pakistan
- WhatsApp: Security & privacy
- Tractor rams motorcyclist in Dinajpur
- Fire at Banani multi-storey building again
- Eating burger links chronic diseases!
- Hammerhead shark found first-ever
- Court denies bail for Minni
- Drug peddler killed in Teknaf gunfight
- 28 killed in N. Afghanistan airstrike
- Heatwave in U.S. kills 6
- Rain likely to increase in next 72 hrs
- Bail hearing for Minni today
- Death toll hits 15 in Chinese gas plant explosion
- 2 sedition cases filed against Priya Saha
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Not only diplomacy but economic issues should also be emphasised
- Over 22,000 rally in Moscow for fair polls
- Today’s sports on TV
- Zimbabwe not taking part Bangladesh T20 tri-series
- Hong Kong actor Simon Yam stabbed on stage in China
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- HM Ershad passes away
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- How to get HSC result
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Minni sent to jail
- PM urges DCs to be sincere for accelerated development
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur