Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
Published: 03:44 PM, 16 June 2019 Updated: 09:22 AM, 17 June 2019
Police arrested former Officer-In-Charge (OC) of Sonagazi Police Station in Feni Moazzem Hossain from Shahbag thana area in the capital in a case filed under the Digital Security Act on Sunday.
Md Maruf Hossain Sarder, Deputy Commissioner (Ramna) of Dhaka Metropolitan Police, said that a team of Shahbag thana police arrested Moazem from the High Court area around 3:30 pm.
The arrest was made 20 days after a tribunal issued arrest warrant against him in a case filed under Digital Security Act.
Earlier, madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi went to Sonagazi Model Police Station to file a case against Sonagazi Islamia Fazil (Degree) Madrasa Principal Sirajuddaula, on March 27, for sexually assaulting her the day before.
But the then OC recorded a video of her statement without her consent, asking her offensive and insulting questions. The video then surfaced on various social media platforms, allegedly uploaded by Moazzem.
Supreme Court lawyer Syed Sayedul Haque Suman filed the case against Moazzem under the Digital Security Act on May 15. A tribunal issued an arrest warrant against him on May 27, after a police investigation found him guilty.
Nusrat, an Alim examinee, was set on fire by Sirajuddaula’s followers on April 6 for refusing to withdraw a rape attempt case her family had filed against him. She died from her injuries four days later at Dhaka Medical College Hospital’s burn unit.
- 96 new coronavirus deaths reported in China
- Spinach dilutes blood
- Human trafficker killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Coronavirus kills six in Iran
- Zimbabwe stuck in 265
- Two universities fined Tk 10 lakh each
- Security around Supreme Court beefed up
- Coronavirus scary: Samsung`s factory closed
- Today’s sports on TV
- Bus kills 9 months’ kid with mum
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Good news to honey farmers
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- Faf du Plessis steps down as South Africa captain
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020