Ex-NSI DG Oahidul sent to jail
Published: 03:47 PM, 25 April 2018
The International Crimes Tribunal (ICT) sent former acting Director General (DG) of National Security Intelligence (NSI) Oahidul Haque to jail in a case filed for crimes against humanity during the Liberation War.
A two-member bench of ICT led by Justice Amir Hossain passed the order when police produced him before the tribunal on Wednesday.
The tribunal also fixed May 10 for submitting a progressive report.
Earlier around 11:30 am, police produced Oahidul before the tribunal.
On Tuesday, Gulshan Police picked up Oahidul Haque from his Baridhara residence around 1:30 pm in compliance with a warrant issued by the ICT on Monday for his arrest.
Prosecutor Turin Afroz said the ICT issued the warrant for the arrest of Oahidul, also former Additional Inspector General of Police, as it found him guilty of carrying out mass killing in Rangpur Cantonment during the Liberation War.
Oahidul was the then army personnel of Pakistan and involved in crimes against humanity while performing duties during the Liberation War. The war crimes allegations were brought against him in 2016.
- World witnesses last Pink Superman of the year today
- 1st coronavirus case identified in Tangail
- Death toll exceeds 17000 in Italy
- 52 areas of Capital locked down
- Spain records 743 more coronavirus deaths today
- Emergency telehealth service to launch for BU students
- Coronavirus infection tops 1.4 mn; death toll surging to 80,000
- 6 families in Ctg put in quarantine
- Narayanganj lockdown
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- 170 families on voluntary lockdown in Dinajpur
- Coronavirus death toll tops 78,000
- Japan declares state of emergency amid coronavirus
- Lockdown to be extended in India
- Jagdal UP in Magura announced lockdown
- ‘Majed’s death sentence after completing formalities’
- Narsingdi coronavirus infected youth in isolation
- Wages to be paid by April 16: Commerce Minister
- RAB fined 50 for reasonless roaming in capital
- Edu institutions to remain closed till Eid holidays
- 3 houses under lockdown in Lakshmipur
- Trains to turn into hospitals in India
- 3 held with 17-kg weed in Brahmanbaria
- Farmer electrocuted to death in Mymensingh
- Youth killed in Dinajpur road crash
- IPL can hold in October-November!
- MP of Narsingdi distributes food items among 1,500 families
- 2 youths provide 7 days’ food to 150
- Ferdous living with kids separately from wife
- District council stands by 5000 families in Gazipur
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- Bashundhara, Wari lockdown
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus
- Narsingdi house lockdown over coronavirus suspicion
- 4 more die from coronavirus, taking total to 13: Health Minister
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 63,000
- Ban on mask and sanitizer export lifted
- Coronavirus infected woman journo shares 13 new symptoms
- Bachchu’s “Shei Tumi” storms in online in India
- 29 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 117