Ex-MP Rana gets bail
Published: 01:11 PM, 19 June 2019 Updated: 11:09 PM, 19 June 2019
The High Court has granted permanent bail to former MP Amanur Rahman Khan Rana in a case filed over the killing of two Jubo League leaders in Tangail.
The HC bench of Justice AKM Asaduzzaman and Justice SM Mozibur Rahman passed the order on Wednesday morning after hearing a rule in the case.
Advocate Monsurul Haque Chowdhury stood for the accused in the court while Deputy Attorney General Dr. Md. Bashir Ullah stood for State.
Earlier, the HC granted a six-month bail to Rana, former MP from Tangail-3 (Ghatail), in the case. It also issued a rule asking the government to explain as to why Rana should not be granted permanent bail in the case.
On July 16, 2012, Baghil union Jubo League leaders Mohammad Shamim and Mohammad Mamun went missing in the district town.
The following day, Shamim’s mother Achia Khatun filed a general diary with Tangail Sadar police station.
Later, police arrested several suspects over the incident when two of the arrestees - Shahadat Hossain, 16 and Hiron Mia, 27 - revealed that both of the Jubo League leaders had been murdered as the order of MP Rana.
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- ‘My Masud appointed as Police’
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son missing
- Boys in GPA 5, girls ahead in pass rate
- Chattogram range`s best OC Jahidul Kabir
- Quatar WC qualifiers: Bangladesh in Group E
- Nusrat got ‘A’ grade but fail!
- Ex-Songazi OC Moazzem indicted
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Mosharraf Karim paired with Safa in ‘Dil Daan Kalachan’
- Fish production marks constant rise over last 5 yrs
- What actions taken against police failure; HC asked
- Now woman killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Road link with Bandarban restores after 8-day
- 100 pc pass in 907 inst
- Temperature may rise over country
- Army ready to tackle flood: Army Chief
- PM flags off ‘Benapole Express’
- No students passed in 41 colleges
- US bans Myanmar army chief over Rohingya ‘ethnic cleansing’
- Death toll climbs to 5 after quake in eastern Indonesia
- Quader’s follow-up checkup after surgery completed
- This years’ results good, acceptable: PM
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- 24 killed in Papua New Guinea tribal massacres
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- ‘Cox’s Bazar losing ecological balance for Rohingyas’
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Merkel says `very well` despite third shaking spell
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Six bodies found in Cox’s Bazar beach
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- UN to pay Bangladesh Tk 500 cr due
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- 5 things must need for securing modern network
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- DU admission test in new method
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge