Ex-MP Rana gets bail in double murder case
Published: 01:46 PM, 6 March 2019
The High Court granted interim bail to former MP Amanur Rahman Khan Rana in the murder case of two Jubo League leaders.
The bench of Justice AKM Asaduzzaman and Justice SM Mujibur Rahman gave the order on Wednesday.
Mansurul Haque Chowdhury was present on behalf of Amanur Rahman Khan. Deputy Attorney General Dr Md Bashir Ullah was present for the state.
Earlier on May 18, 2018, the court sent Amanur Rahman Khan Rana to jail after two days remand. Later, Rana appealed for bail in the High Court after failing to bail in the lower court.
Shamim and Mamun, the leaders of Baghil Union Juba League of Tangail Sadar Upazila, went missing on July 16, 2012, from Tangail town. Shamim’s mother Achea Khatun made a general diary (GD) at Sadar Thana. After one year, on December 9, 2013, Mamun’s father filed a murder case in Tangail court.
After the investigation, the police listed the case on September 21 that year. Later, police arrested Khandakar Zahid, Shahadat Hossain, and Hiron Mia of Bishwas Betka area of the city and gave a confessional statement to the court.
Under the direction of MP Amanur Rahman Khan, they confessed to killing Jubo League leader Shamim and Mamun and filling the bodies in the river.
Former MP of Tangail-3 constituency Amanur Rahman Khan Rana was also accused in the murder case of freedom fighter Faruk.
- Ben Ali: The autocrat’s anomie lit-up Arab Spring
- Singer Aaron Carter raped by older sister
- Nusrat-Mimi dance for Durga Puja theme song
- Google to invest 3 bin euros in Europe
- Bangladesh pays hotel fare for Zim team
- Modi highly ambitious over India-US ties amid UNGA visit
- Polio outbreak in Philippines
- 24 Rohingyas detained in Ctg
- Operations will be conducted in Chattogram too: Minister
- BIMOX 2nd edition expo-2019 begins
- ICMAB holds talks on sustainability, global reporting initiatives
- Masakadza wins Zimbabwe in outing match
- 9 m babies born in unrest part of world last yr
- RAB surrounds 3 more clubs in city
- GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
- U-23 India series: Bangladesh lost to host by 34 runs
- PM leaves for NY to join UNGA
- Arjun Kapoor trolls Alia Bhatt
- Kalabagan Krira Chakra president Shafiqul detains
- Zim’s captain to farewell intl cricket
- Salman leaps with joy as Katrina sets IIFA 2019 stage on fire
- Why Srabanti suddenly in Dhaka?
- SBMC under teacher crisis
- Zimbabwe inept to pay hotel rent!
- World’s ‘smallest’ mosque located in Bangladesh!
- RAB surrounds Kalabagan Krira Chakra
- Afghanistan wins toss, opts to bat
- Supreme Court to rule next week on UK parliament suspension
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test tomorrow
- Elephant panic on Bakshiganj border
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- DU admission test begins
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight