Ex-Eden College principal murder: Charge sheet accepted
Published: 04:41 PM, 25 August 2019
Mahfuza Chowdhury Parvin, former principal of Eden Mohila College. File Photo
A court in Dhaka on Sunday accepted charge sheet filed by police in the case filed over the murder of former principal of Eden Mohila College Mahfuza Chowdhury Pervin.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Saiduzzaman Sharif accepted the charge sheet, acquitting another initial accused Runa Akter from the charges.
Investigation officer (IO) and sub-inspector (SI) of New Market Police Station Alamgir Hossain Mazumder filed the charge sheet against two accused Ruma alias Reshma and Rikta Akter alias Swapna on July 21, saying the two maids killed Pervin in a preplanned way to rob her Elephant Road flat.
The IO, in his charge sheet, said the two maids Ruma alias Reshma and Rikta Akter alias Swapna killed Pervin by strangling her with a scarf. They made sure Pervin’s death by pressing a pillow on her face. They looted 20 tolas of gold ornaments, one Samsung mobile phone and Taka 50 thousand in cash from the house.
The investigation officer said he prepared the charge sheet based on the statements given by the two accused under section 164, forensic reports and evidences he seized on different occasions.
The police official said of the two, Swapna, 37, joined the work as maid by giving false address, only to carry out her operation of robbing the flat and Reshma too joined her in the crime.
The IO in his charge sheet pleaded to drop the name of another accused Runa Akter alias Rakiber Maa, who brought the maids to this flat, from the case as no specific charges were found against her.
Police on February 10, 2019, recovered the body of Pervin from her Sukanya Tower flat at Elephant Road in the capital. Her husband Ismat Kader Gama filed a murder case with New Market Police Station against three including two housemaids Ruma alias Reshma and Rikta Akter alias Swapna.
Police later managed to arrest all the three accused, of which Reshma and Swapna confessed killing Pervin.
- US shows evidence of Iran’s involvement in Saudi oil attacks
- PM receives APJ Kalam Memorial Award
- 4 officials promoted to senior secretaries
- Zinc factory in remote village!
- Rohingya terrorist detained with pistol from Balukhali camp
- Saudi clears multiple Umrah fine
- AL withdraws candidature for Rangpur-3 by-polls
- ‘Viqarunnisa principal can’t join before 11:00 am on Tuesday’
- Does your cream contain vitamin C?
- HC orders judicial inquiry against Puthia OC
- PM orders to form separate police unit for Metro Rail
- Spicy Fish Kabab
- Idol makers passing busy days in Khulna
- Sunerah in short film
- Youth kills brother for 10 bucks
- Kishoreganj Manik murder: 10 get life term
- 3000 Bangladeshi may lose citizenship in Italy!
- BRTC does not need corrupt officials: Quader
- Ronaldo tearful watching video of his father
- 10 tips to prevent diabetes
- Azhar’s appeal hearing anyday
- India arrests senior Kashmir leader
- Bangabandhu’s Chhatra League can`t be deviated: Joy-Lekhak
- Moushumi to fight for BFAA Presidency
- JU Scam: BNP demands VC’s removal
- ‘Post-rape’ wedding in PS: Probe body finds authenticity
- Defaulted loans: No release for FBL even renamed
- 203 dies of dengue so far
- NRC announced in Haryana, India
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- 5yrs without Firoza Begum
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Nan Madol: Ghost City on sea
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Runa Laila for the 1st time in long music career
- Bribe-taking sub-registrar to be suspended
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Shakib prized Afghanistan
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday
- White House: A monstrous residence