Gazipur City Election
Everyone wants fair election
Published: 10:43 PM, 27 April 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Candidates of Gazipur City Corporation election wants a free, fair and neutral election. There is more tension among the supporters than the candidates. The administration has taken all kinds of measures to give neutral elections. In terms of volume, only 17 days left for the country`s biggest Gazipur City Corporation elections. The leaders and workers of the rival parties have been united by meeting their internal problems.
BNP candidate Hasan Uddin Sarker, from 9.00 am on Thursday, and Awami League candidate Jahangir Alam started the campaign from his home, Chaidana area at 8:30 am. On the other hand, Islami Oikya Jote candidate Fazlur Rahman also started the campaign from Zuma prayers.
Former BNP MP and 20 party`s candidate MP Hasan Uddin Sarker fearing of going to the voting centre freely. He said the government is controlling the administration. If the administration is under the control of the government, people will be given a reply.
He said the government has so much development. No one can travel on many roads yet. Do not they see it? The BNP will gain as much as they do. Later, he organized mass contact with central and local leaders in Kilker, Hindubari Ghar, Battala area, Jhajar, Dagge and several other areas. He performed Jumaa prayers at Dag`s Chala Jamtala Jami Mosque. At that time, the local leaders including ex-minister Altab Hossain Chowdhury, standing committee member Nazrul Islam Khan, former minister Nitai Roy Chowdhury, Mostafa Jamal Haider, former MP AKM Fazlul Haq Milon, Ahsan Habib Lincon, district BNP general secretary Kazi Sayedul Alam Babul and others were present. Later, they made mass contact in Chandna area of the city. Besides, a group of 20 party alliance partners of Jamaat-e-Islami, including the Ameer of Gazipur Metropolitan Police, detained 45 activists during the campaigning, fearing that BNP candidates and activists were facing panic among the people.
Meanwhile, Awami League nominated mayor candidate Jahangir Alam said that the elections will be held in a festive environment by the common people to continue the development trend. We want a free and fair election. To continue the development trend, the opportunity to vote will be created in the boat. Awami League-nominated mayor`s candidate, in his home and neighbourhood, communicated with public relations and media workers before the Friday prayers. Later, he performed Jumaar prayers in the central market of the city`s central Jami Mosque. After the prayers, he would vote for the boat near the worshipers. Later in the afternoon, he asked for vote to the voters in the 35, 36 and 37 wards of the city corporation.
Gazipur Metropolitan Awami League President Azmat Ullah Khan said that Awami League-backed candidate must win the election for Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to continue the development of the country. The public is going to target the city elections
On the other hand, voters want free and fair voting in the polling centres to vote for the election and the neutral candidate. Voters say, whoever can be found near and the city`s area roads and water drainage system, which can be easily made, should be voted as the mayor. Regardless of the criteria, we should choose such candidate.
Gazipur Deputy Commissioner Dewan Muhammad Humayun Kabir said that all the measures needed to be taken by the government and Election Commission to give a free, fair and neutral election.
In the Gazipur City Corporation election, the mayor candidate Maulana Mohammad Fazlur Rahman performed the Friday prayers in central Mosque at Chandna Chowrasta on Friday, the central joint secretary general of Islami Oikya Jote. During this time, he sought votes and prayers for the exchange of minds and mirror symbols. Besides, he also made election commissioner in Tongi Bazar, College Gate, Chirag Ali, Station Road, Kanabari, Kashimpur and other areas of the city. Go to the voters.
Also, hand winner of the symbol Nasir Uddin Barabari, Targa has and other areas of mass contact. Mayor of Communist Party of Bangladesh Ruhul Amin, Nasir Uddin of Islami Movement, Jalal Uddin of Islami Front and Independent Candidate Farid Uddin, Councilors and Reserved Women Councilors are also campaigning in the festive atmosphere.
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Study ties unhealthy gums to liver cancer risk
- PM urges int’l bodies to help rehabilitate Rohingyas in Myanmar
- Tamim falls after score fifty
- Court orders to freeze DIG Mizan’s wealth
- Teenager stabbed in capital`s Kadamtali
- Bangladesh loses Soumya early
- Signal 3 for maritime ports
- Australia set Bangladesh 382 to win
- Nusrat murder: charges formed, testimonies Jun 27
- Get driving license after eye and dope test: HC
- Rohingya wants to return after ensuring recognition
- Warner hits ton, Australia heading for big total
- Novoair increases flights to Jashore
- US confirms drone was shot down by Iranian missile
- Soumya makes brekthough for Bangladesh
- National Vitamin ‘A’ plus campaign on June 22
- Rohingyas’ ardor to return home on refugee day
- Prisoner dies in Kashimpur jail
- ‘Dhaka Attack’s villain Taskeen got married
- Rana`s bail stay till July 1
- Provide Tk 50 within 2 months to Rajib’s family: HC
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- 9 to die for killing C’nawabganj Jubo League leader
- Rain, thundershowers likely to continue
- Australia to bat first against Bangladesh
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- ‘Refugee Day’ observed with 1.1m Rohingyas burden
- Google Doodle celebrates Sufia Kamal’s birth anniv
- Birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal today
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- England wins beating Windies
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Probe report submission deferred again
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Australia won by 87 runs
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Suspect pleads not guilty to all 92 charges
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5