Every home to be brought under the Internet
Published: 08:23 PM, 28 April 2018
All the entities of the country will be covered under the internet connection by December. And every home of the country will also be covered under the internet connection by 2021. Even in the information technology sector, Bangladesh will be one of the largest exporters in the world.
Postal, Telecommunication and Information Technology Minister Mr Mustafa Jabbar said this while addressing the inauguration of the ICT awareness program at Sylhet District Council Auditorium in the presence of Bangladesh Computer Samity.
Mayor of Sylhet City Corporation Ariful Haque Chowdhury, Central President of Bangladesh Computer Association Engineer Subrata Sarkar, Secretary General Mosharraf Hossain Suman, Sylhet Chamber Director Mukir Hossain Chowdhury spoke as special guests. Chairman of Bangladesh Computer Association Sylhet Branch Enamul Kuddus Chowdhury delivered the welcome speech.
He said we are standing on the platform that we dreamed of building a digital Bangladesh. Now the biggest potentiality of Bangladesh is the ICT sector. If we can afford this possibility, then we will survive in the world market competition.
The minister said the establishment of the fourth generation network (4G) was the biggest challenge for me, with the help of the Prime Minister and the Finance Minister, everyone was able to overcome this challenge. Now there is another challenge in front of me is to launch Bangabandhu Satellite.
If the weather conditions are good, then it will be successfully completed on 7th May. It will also be available from August, he said.
Referring to the current progress of Bangladesh in the technology sector, the minister said, now a variety of parts including smartphones and computers are being prepared in the country. Our country-made computer and smartphones are exported to Nepal, Nigeria and East Timor.
Calling upon businessmen to expand the technology of the country, Mustafa Jabbar said, "You have done business with a foreign company retailer before, it is time to move away from there." From now on we have to sell the computer made by the local company, then our industry will stand.
- Australia beat England by 64 runs
- Speedy Trial Act for more 5 yrs
- New galaxy discovered by Muslim Astrophysicist!
- IU resumes evening courses
- Cumilla University unveils Tk 42-cr budget
- New evidence on the reliability of climate modeling
- Sun`s history found buried in Moon`s crust
- Textile minister assures to restart all shattered mills
- Actress Bubli critically injured
- Convince Myanmar to take Rohingyas back: PM to China
- Hajj flight begins July 4
- Bangladesh denounces Houthi attack on Saudi airport
- Astral relics of 5,000 yrs old discovered in China
- Bangladesh now at sole height’s political stability: Speaker in IMF meet
- England’s slack batting before destructive Australia
- Australia set a target of 286 for England
- No harmful contents in pasteurized milk brands, BSTI to HC
- JP-led govt will be formed in future: GM Quader
- Army Chief to visit United Nations Peacekeeping Mission
- Dementia risk tied to common drugs
- Momen sought Beijing’s support to convince Myanmar
- Action against govt officials if drug addict: HM
- FR Tower: ACC’s case accusing Ex-RAJUK chair among 25
- PM’s good news for Tigers
- Brian Lara hospitalized after chest pain
- Who responsible for collapsed bridges?
- Exemption with financial benefit by SI
- All pasteurised milk including Pran-Milk Vita-Arong adulterated
- Holey Artisan attack case: Five more policemen testify
- England wins toss, bowl first
- All News »
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Probe report submission deferred again
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- ‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- 3 to die, 7 get life for Kishoreganj murder
- Ayub Bachchu Chottor being built with Rupali Guitar
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Rainfall may increase in next 72 hrs
- PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties