Evaly accused of cheating over online offers
Published: 07:38 PM, 25 January 2020 Updated: 10:36 PM, 25 January 2020
Dr. Sohag, a worse sufferer of online shopping-site Evaly’s cheating after ordering a TV from the site as he has paid the cost already but the Evaly is requesting him to cancel the order instead of delivering the product. He has also made a complaint to the consumer rights for the matter. Many other customers have complained against Evaly for such fraud.
Cyclone, Londobhondo (wacky), ‘No 15 offer signal all over the country’, the company is running its cheating by attracting the people through many of such offers in horrible names. Some people are also worried about pre-order money back.
Nazmul Islam Bhuiyan, a sufferer buyer who has been victimized by ordering a smartphone named Realme X2 model without any offers. The price of the phone is Tk 22 thousand 500.
The victim recently revealed the allegations on Facebook. He wrote on Facebook that after a week of ordering, he went stuck in Evaly’s trap without getting any good news. The company’s helpline didn’t help him while Evaly CEO Mohamed Russell's WhatsApp app didn’t respond.
Another victim, Anik Biswas, ordered two winter hats in Evaly. He was also cheated only with Tk 600. Later Evaly delivered him lower quality torn hats which are only available at Tk 150 in the market. But no solution was available even after complaining on its page.
Another victim, SD Bappi, said that he was the victim of fraudulent offer of giving a mobile phone at Tk 16.
Meanwhile, thousands of complaints have been filed with the National Consumer Rights Protection Directorate against Evaly.
Article 45 of the Consumer Rights Protection Act states that for not selling or delivering the goods or services promised in exchange for the price paid, there can be additional one-year imprisonment or indeterminate imprisonment or a fine of Tk 2,00000 or both.
Article 52 states that any action that could endanger the life or safety of the service-receivers by disobeying the rules and regulations laid down under any law or regulation, could result in an additional three years' imprisonment or indeterminate imprisonment or a fine of up to two lakh taka or both.
And in article 53 it is stated that if any physical hamper or financial loss has occurred for negligence, irresponsibility or negligence of a service provider, there may be an additional three years' rigorous or indeterminate imprisonment or a fine of up to two lakh taka or both penalties.
Assistant Director of the National Consumer Rights Protection Department Md. Abdul Jabbar said, in the name of such offers of the e-commerce company, if a customer is harassed or cheated, complain to us. He also assures to take action according to the privileged acts in the condition of investigation. He warns of giving no spare.
Mohammad Russell, managing director of e-commerce company Evaly, said he was out of the country. Later, when he was sent a question on his WhatsApp, he said he would answer after coming home. He did not receive mobile calls when he came home even no reply was received so far even after sending multiple SMS in this regard.
- Police involved in Delhi mosque blaze incident
- Handover book to children, not smartphone: Information Minister
- 15 families confined over fence
- China to send 100,000 ducks to battle Pakistan’s locust plague
- 12 Jamaat-e-Islami activists sent to Jail
- Airport underpass being launched on Bangabandhu’s birthday
- 2 detained with 66kg weed in Natore
- Drug smuggler caught at airport with yaba in stomach
- Perera, Pradeep back in Sri Lanka T20 squad
- College girl on deathbed in torture of ‘Jiner Badshah’
- Youth arrested with 10,000 pc. of yaba
- Drug dealer detained with yaba in Pirojpur
- All from Cox’s Bazar Land Acquisition Branch immediately transferred
- Quota system reformed in Class-XI admission
- 11kg silver seized at Satkhira border
- ‘Shukno Golap’ of Nahid released
- BD in top among hilsa enriched countries
- BD women’s T20 WC ends with two straight defeats
- Take measures to control mosquitoes ahead of rainy season: PM
- Germany suspends cooperation with Myanmar until Rohingya repatriation
- Don’t work without appointment letter: Hasan Mahmud urges journalists
- Power price hike again by Tk 7.13 per unit
- Ways to remove dirk circle under eyes in 10 minutes!
- Bangladesh under pressure losing openers
- 4 brick kilns demolished, fined Tk 14 lakh
- Khaleda’s bail plea rejected
- Garbage stack removed from Habiganj hospital gate
- Mamata Banerjee’s poem amid Delhi violence
- Italy expats urged to stay uppermost alert
- Acid thrown to make Muslims eyeless in Delhi
- All News »
- 1.10 min video of Papiya leaked
- Papiya used 12 Russian beauties as bait for VIPs
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Salman Shah`s wishes fulfilled: Samira
- Death toll climbs to 21 in Delhi clashes
- Two doctors die of coronavirus within 24hrs
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Salman Shah commits suicide, not murdered: PBI
- Fly to space at TK 6 cr only!
- PM critical of speaking Bangla in English accent
- 3 killed after crane crashes on sets of Kamal Haasan
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- Motorcycle accident kills 2 women in Banani
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Fire kills 3 incl child in capital’s Eskaton
- Chinese President lauds Sheikh Hasina
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in UAE
- President, PM pay homage to Language Heroes
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- 112 more die of coronavirus
- Amal Clooney will fight for Rohingya
- Pilkhana carnage day today
- Metals more ‘harmful’ than nicotine found in Benson, Gold Leaf
- 120 terrorists killed in Niger military operation
- Zimbabwe opt to bat in Dhaka Test