Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur
Published: 02:35 PM, 16 July 2019 Updated: 04:28 PM, 16 July 2019
The fourth namaz-e-janaza of the former president, Jatiya Party (JaPa) chairman and opposition leader Hussain Muhammad Ershad has been completed in the Rangpur Eidgah. Earlier, Ershad’s body was brought to Rangpur central Eidgah ground after the Zohr prayers for the funeral.
A huge number of people came to participate in Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza at Collectorate Eidgah Maidan and for the last tribute. Soon after the body came around 12:00 pm, the party leaders and activists ran towards the body by breaking the police cordon.
In addition to party leaders and activists, the Awami League, BNP and their organizations, including various business, social and cultural organizations, paid tribute to Ershad’s body with flowers.
Meanwhile, party leaders and activists gave slogan for Ershad’s burial in Rangpur.
The helicopter carrying his body arrived at Rangpur cantonment at around 10:45 am on Tuesday. Party leaders and ordinary people were present in the janaza field from the morning to see their leader for the last time. A large number of law enforcers have been deployed to avoid chaos.
Rangpur Corimiya Nurul Ulum Madrasa Muhtamim Maulana Muhammad Idris Ali, prayed the namaz-e-janaza of Ershad.
A grave was prepared at the Litchi Garden of Pallinibash for his burial. However, according to party decision, Ershad’s body was supposed to bring Dhaka and bury at Banani’s Military Cemetery after namaz-e-janaza.
Rangpur Metropolitan Jatiya Party’s general secretary Zahid Hossain Lucid said, “Lakhs of people, along with leaders, activists of Jatiya Party’s 16 districts of Rangpur and Rajshahi divisions were participated in the namaz-e-janaza.”
“After namaz-e-janaza, Sir’s (Ershad) body will be taken to Pallinibash,” said Rangpur Metropolitan Jatiya Party’s Joint General Secretary Lokman Hossain adding, “He will be buried there. All preparations have been completed for this.”
Meanwhile, before leaving Ershad’s coffin for Rangpur, Jatiya Party Acting Chairman GM Quader said, “According to his last will, he will be buried at the Army Graveyard at Banani. Though his cemetery in the cantonment area, anyone can go there anytime.
Former President and Jatiya Party Chairman Hussein Muhammad Ershad died on Sunday (July 14) at Combined Military Hospital (CMH) of Dhaka. He was 90 years old. He was suffering from various old-age complications, including low hemoglobin and liver problem, and high bilirubin and serious knee pain.
His first namaz-e-janaza was held on Sunday After Zohr prayer at Dhaka Cantonment Central Mosque. Then the second namaz-e-janaza was held on Monday at 10:15 am at the South Plaza of the Jatiya Sangsad and the third namaz-e-janaza was held at Baitul Mukarram mosque in evening.
Hussein Muhammad Ershad was elected MPs of Rangpur 3 (Sadar) constituency. He was elected MP from the seat six times.
- Issues that will be discussed during Jayashankar’s visit
- Gibraltar rejects US request
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Kashmir outposts divided over status change
- 2 dead, 3 missing after boat sinks in Jamuna