Ershad’s condition improves slightly: GM Quader
Published: 05:27 PM, 9 July 2019 Updated: 05:27 PM, 9 July 2019
The health condition of ailing Jatiya Party chairman and leader of the opposition in the Parliament HM Ershad, now undergoing treatment at Combined Military Hospital (CMH), Dhaka, has improved slightly today.
“Ershad’s health condition is better today than yesterday. But he is still not out of danger,” acting chairman of Jatiya Party GM Quader, quoting the CMH doctors, said at a press briefing on the latest condition of Ershad’s health condition at the party chairman’s Banani office.
He (Ershad) is responding to calls by opening eyes as the physicians reduced doses of sleeping pills, Quader said, adding that infections in his body have reduced, but the level of bilirubin has slightly increased.
Doctor did not conduct dialysis today to see how much the kidneys are working, he said, adding that some platelets are being infused in his blood every day.
Jatiya Party Presidium Members SM Faysal Chishti, Md Azam Khan, Shafiqul Islam Sento and Alamgir Sikder Lotan, Advisors Major (retd) Ashraf Ud Dawla and Dr Nurul Azhar and Vice-Chairman Professor Iqbal Hossain Raju were present at the briefing, among others.
- PM to inaugurate `Gangchil` on Thursday
- Empty classrooms as some schools re-open in Kashmir
- Easy loan for idea innovators
- Peya Bipasha in new film
- Huawei gets 90 more days
- Man commits suicide after being raped in Gazipur
- Aklima`s husband & father-in-law dies
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- Indian foreign minister Jaishankar in Dhaka
- Dolphins goes extinct day by day
- BFF set to start world cup practice on Friday
- 5% VAT on ride-sharing companies
- Easy ways to clean the stomach
- Death toll crossed thousand in India
- BNP to complain to UN losing country`s support
- Sujon: New Star of Dhallywood!
- Eight grader raped by principal
- `Allah’r Dal` targets fired Pilkhana men
- 20 killed after fuel tanker explosion in Uganda
- Coast fishermen waiting for fish
- Chatku Ahmed losing eyesight!
- I want interactions with everyone: PM
- A new milestone for Purnima
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- Magical use of Ghee for skin & hair
- ‘Mongla Port Authority Act’ draft approves
- HC seeks SP’s remarks over Minni’s confession
- T-Aman seedbed prepared on 100 acres in Gaibandha
- Man dies of dengue in Mymensingh
- Vegetable vendor dies of dengue in Khulna
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Kashmir outposts divided over status change