Ershad’s 2nd namaz-e-janaza held
Published: 12:26 PM, 15 July 2019
The second namaz-e-janaza of Jatiya Party Chairman and leader of the opposition in parliament Hussain Muhammad Ershad was held at the South Plaza of Jatiya Sangsad in Dhaka on Monday morning.
President M Abdul Hamid, ministers, members of parliament, senior political leaders from different political parties attended the janaza, which took place around 10:45 am.
From there, his body will be taken to the party’s central office at Kakrail to allow Jatiya Party leaders and activists to pay their last tributes. After Asr prayers, the third janaza will be held at the Baitul Mukarram National Mosque.
His body will be kept at the CMH mortuary. It will be flown to his home district Rangpur on Tuesday where his fourth janaza will be held after Zohr prayers at the Zilla School grounds. He will be laid to rest at the Military Graveyard in Banani the same day.
Ershad’s Qulkhwani will be held on Wednesday at Gulshan’s Azad mosque.
Ershad breathed his last at Combined Military Hospital in Dhaka at 7:45 am on Sunday. He was 89. He was admitted to the CMH on June 26 with various old-age complications, including low hemoglobin and liver problem, and high bilirubin and serious knee pain.
On Sunday, the first janaza took place at the Army Central Mosque after Johr prayers.
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Lightning kills 9 in 4 districts
- `Action against who discourage Rohingya `
- August 15 and 21 are in same knot
- First successful Air-raid in history
- Kashmir: Bone of contention between India-Pakistan
- Israel detains 16 Palestinians in West Bank raids
- Golden fibre makes farmer smile
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 15 houses fined having Aedes larvae in city
- Mother’s fight to fulfill daughter’s wish
- 3-day ‘Tree Fair’ begins in Manirampur
- ‘Sonar Bangla should be established to pay homage to Bangabandhu’
- Soroj Mehedi becomes BD Chief executive to MEDCOM-2020
- Big profit in little invest
- PEC exam schedule published
- Commerce Minister sought Brazil’s help to rise export
- Soumitra Chatterjee discharged from hospital
- Israel seeks to beat PTSD with ‘ecstasy’ therapy
- Mechanized farming in Bishwanath
- Mosharraf Karim flew to Canada on birthday!
- Air-ticket on mobile app
- Rohingya refused to go back
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- 2,549 dengue patients return home after recovery in Khulna
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- PM urges to improve Biman’s passenger services
- Nurse murdered over ‘triangle extra-marital affair’
- Rangpur farmers happy with better jute price
- Bubly wants to work with another instead of Shakib
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves