Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
Published: 11:59 AM, 14 July 2019 Updated: 01:46 PM, 14 July 2019
Hussain Muhammad Ershad, File Photo
The first namaz-e-janaza of Jatiya Party Chairman and former President Hussain Muhammad Ershad will be held at Army Central Mosque in Dhaka Cantonment after Johr prayer on Sunday.
Confirming the information, presidium member of the party Alamgir Shikdar Loton said that it was decided that Ershad's namaz-e-janaza will be held in four places.
On Monday, Ershad's body will be taken to the South Plaza of Jatiya Sangsad, where the second funeral prayer will be held. After the janaja, the body will be carried to the party office at Kakrail around 11:30 am for paying tribute.
His third Janaja will be held at Baitul Mukarram National Mosque after Asr prayer on the same day. His body will then be kept at the mortuary of CMH.
On Tuesday, the body of the former military ruler will be taken to Rangpur by helicopter, and the fourth and last funeral prayer will be held there after zuhr prayers. From there, his body will be brought back in Dhaka for the burial process.
The former president will be buried at Banani military graveyard after the fourth and last namaz-e-janaza, scheduled to be held National mosque Baitul Mukarram.
HM Ershad breathed his last at Combined Military Hospital in Dhaka at 7:45 am on Sunday. He was 89.
Ershad, also the leader of the opposition as president of Jatiya Party, was admitted to the CMH on June 26 with various old-age complications, including low hemoglobin and liver problem, and high bilirubin and serious knee pain.
President M Abdul Hamid, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Jatiya Sangsad Speaker Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury expressed profound shock and sorrow at the death of Ershad.
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- Man killed in Dhaka road crash
- How to advance in career when your boss won’t help
- Action against bribe payer too: PM
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Huge crowd at terminals
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future