‘Equip proper knowledge before trade’
Published: 07:47 PM, 10 March 2019
Chairman of Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission (BSEC) Dr. M. Khairul Hossain has called upon investors to equip with proper knowledge and information for safe investment in capital market.
“The investors should take investment decision based on appropriate knowledge, judgment and risk tolerance,” Hossain said while presiding over a day-long Investors and Entrepreneurs Conference at Zila Parisahd Community Centre here on Saturday.
BSEC arranged the conference under ‘Investment Education Program’ as part of its countrywide educative program to sensitize the investors about share market business.
Over 600 share market investors, entrepreneurs, representatives of different organizations and students from various educational institutions joined the conference.
Executive Director of BSEC Md. Mahbubul Alam delivered the keynote presentation on ‘Investment Education and Safety of Investors’.
BSEC Director Mohammad Rezaul Karim delivered another presentation on ‘Preparation of probable investors and method of picking up invested money from share market.’
Executive Directors of BSEC Farhad Ahmed, Anwarul Islam and Saifur Rahman and Managing Director of Dhaka Stock Exchange Limited KAM Majedur Rahman delivered speeches as panel discussants.
Speakers discussed types of investments, ways of taking decision for investments, related risks, proper medium for investments, probable profits and losses, investment capacity, methods of risk management, method of picking up invested money and other issues related to stock market.
The BSEC Chairman said the commission is working to develop a more vibrant capital market where investors, businesses and industries, government and market participants can contribute more significantly to the national economy.
He said many investors invested their savings in unplanned manner in capital market in the pasts after being inspired by others or based on rumors without analyzing the financial aspects of the companies.
Acquiring proper education and knowledge on share marker and its financial management is very crucial for new investors for their safe investment,” he said.
Commissioners of BSEC Professor Md. Helal Uddin Nizami, Dr. Swapan Kumar Bala and Khondoker Kamaluzzaman also spoke on the occasion.
- Rowshan thanks countrymen for showing respect to Ershad
- Man gets life term for raping teenager in Kurigram
- 10 dead, many trapped in Mumbai building collapse
- Why Patience is a Virtue?
- Mobile healthcare for flood victims
- Why railway crossing ‘death trap’?
- Monsoon rains wreak flood havoc across South Asia
- I am not a racist, insists Trump
- Rifat`s wife Minni arrested
- Flood affects 42 villages in Sherpur
- We have to stand against militancy: Monirul
- Someshwari river erosion continues
- Kader’s health test completed, doctors satisfied
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Before the last ball, I thought of Mushfiqur: Stokes
- Vivo ‘Made in Bangladesh’ soon
- Ershad laid to rest in Rangpur
- US Navy reports cyberwar skill as ‘National Miscalculation’
- Shakib in Harsha Bhogle CWC19 XI
- PM directed not to buy ‘DEMU’ train more
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- Bijoy, Taijul call up for Sri Lanka series
- ECNEC clears 8 projects involving Tk 5,142.6 cr
- Ershad to be buried in Rangpur
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur
- Ex-RAJUK chair Harun gets anticipatory bail
- Heat wave sweeping over Khulna, may spread
- Google shuts down AdSense on Android, iOS for web
- Rohingya crisis: ICC delegation in Dhaka
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- All News »
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- 24 killed in Papua New Guinea tribal massacres
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- ‘Cox’s Bazar losing ecological balance for Rohingyas’
- Merkel says `very well` despite third shaking spell
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Netherlands Queen Maxima due today
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Rickshaw pullers block Dhaka streets protesting ban
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Six bodies found in Cox’s Bazar beach
- UN to pay Bangladesh Tk 500 cr due
- Rifat murder: Rifat Farazi in 7-day remand
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Dutch Queen Maxima arrives
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- Don’t publish deceptive information about milk: HC
- 5 things must need for securing modern network
- Sexual assault on Nusrat: charges to be formed Jul 17
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva