‘Equip proper knowledge before trade’
Published: 07:47 PM, 10 March 2019
Chairman of Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission (BSEC) Dr. M. Khairul Hossain has called upon investors to equip with proper knowledge and information for safe investment in capital market.
“The investors should take investment decision based on appropriate knowledge, judgment and risk tolerance,” Hossain said while presiding over a day-long Investors and Entrepreneurs Conference at Zila Parisahd Community Centre here on Saturday.
BSEC arranged the conference under ‘Investment Education Program’ as part of its countrywide educative program to sensitize the investors about share market business.
Over 600 share market investors, entrepreneurs, representatives of different organizations and students from various educational institutions joined the conference.
Executive Director of BSEC Md. Mahbubul Alam delivered the keynote presentation on ‘Investment Education and Safety of Investors’.
BSEC Director Mohammad Rezaul Karim delivered another presentation on ‘Preparation of probable investors and method of picking up invested money from share market.’
Executive Directors of BSEC Farhad Ahmed, Anwarul Islam and Saifur Rahman and Managing Director of Dhaka Stock Exchange Limited KAM Majedur Rahman delivered speeches as panel discussants.
Speakers discussed types of investments, ways of taking decision for investments, related risks, proper medium for investments, probable profits and losses, investment capacity, methods of risk management, method of picking up invested money and other issues related to stock market.
The BSEC Chairman said the commission is working to develop a more vibrant capital market where investors, businesses and industries, government and market participants can contribute more significantly to the national economy.
He said many investors invested their savings in unplanned manner in capital market in the pasts after being inspired by others or based on rumors without analyzing the financial aspects of the companies.
Acquiring proper education and knowledge on share marker and its financial management is very crucial for new investors for their safe investment,” he said.
Commissioners of BSEC Professor Md. Helal Uddin Nizami, Dr. Swapan Kumar Bala and Khondoker Kamaluzzaman also spoke on the occasion.
- `Not possible to ‘restore’ democracy with Khaleda in jail`
- Shakib stays back in India to play IPL
- Tigers start World Cup preparation with 5 cricketers
- Sufferings due to load-unloading trucks on road
- Walsh tips Fizz for `big role` in World Cup
- RAKUB recovers Taka 200 crore in Boishakhi Mela
- PM calls Brunei to business with Bangladesh
- Garment worker found dead in Shreepur
- Boro farmers face losses in hailstorm
- Sri Lanka imposes curfew again
- Gorillas pose for selfie with DR Congo anti-poaching unit
- PM proposes formation of new regional economic forum
- Asghar, Hamid included in AFG World Cup squad
- Worsen condition of comedians
- Magical Benefits of Aloe Vera for Hair, Skin & Health
- Two Rohingya drug traders killed in gunfight
- College admission begins from May 12
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- 19 killed in Colombia mudslide
- Google celebrates Earth Day with Doodle
- Heat wave may continue
- Shahenur, torched by husband, dies
- Padma Bridge: 11th span to be installed tomorrow
- Curfew lifted after Sri Lankan bombings
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- Bangladesh, Brunei ink 7 instruments
- 4 kg gold recovered from Dhaka Airport toilet
- Bangladeshi youth gunned down by BSF
- Two killed in gas explosion, wall blown away
- Comedian wins Ukrainian presidency by landslide
- All News »
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Educational Institutes to be closed Apr 21, 22
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- `First` 3D print of heart with human tissue, vessels unveiled
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- PBI searching 12 people involved in Nusrat murder
- Water transport workers’ strike detaches Bhola
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Tofail asks DUCSU leaders to work for all students
- 3 to die for killing RU prof Shafiul
- Nusrat murder: ‘Shampa’ Poppy arrested
- Journalist Zafar Wazed new PIB DG
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- Probe report against Nowshaba on May 28
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- Miscreants kill Bogura BNP leader
- Sudan`s Bashir moved to prison as protesters rally
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- Jute mill workers go on 96-hour strike
- New identity of Porimoni
- Mild quake jolts Ctg, Bandarban
- PM gives job to Nusrat’s brother
- Nusrat murder: Suspect Moni held
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Female magistrates for testimonies of sexual assault victims