Ensuring quality education to slum children stressed
Published: 08:20 PM, 7 December 2018 Updated: 08:20 PM, 7 December 2018
Development activists and youth leaders at a participatory discussion here have unequivocally called for ensuring quality education to the slum children for transforming them into worthy citizens.
They mentioned that hundred percent school enrolment, quality teaching and stopping dropout can be the vital means of attaining the cherished goal of flourishing latent talents of slum children.
They came up with the observation while addressing a dialogue and view- sharing meeting styled “Slum Children Education and Rights” at Coffey Bar in the city on Thursday.
Bangladesh Resource Centre for Indigenous Knowledge (BARCIK) and Barind Education Cultural Diversity Protection Centre (BECDPC) jointly organized the program.
District Children Affairs Officer Monzur Kader, Women Affairs Officer Shirin Akter, Social Service Officer Md Ashiquzzaman, general secretary of Rajshahi Press Club Aslam-Ud-Dowla, chairman of Save the Nature and Life Mijanur Rahman and president of BECDPC Zawad Ahmed Rafi addressed the meeting
as resource persons.
BARCIK Regional Coordinator Shahidul Islam moderated the discussion.
The discussants unanimously said concerted efforts of all government and non-government entities concerned have become an urgent need for ensuring quality education to the slum and all other underprivileged children.
Leaders and executives of more than seven youth organizations, who are conducting schools for the slum children voluntarily, shared their experience in the meeting.
They also depicted their problems relating to operating the schools and sought the cooperation of the government agencies concerned to solve the problems so that they can run the schools effectively and meaningfully.
Besides, they urged the government and the affluent people in society to come forward for the welfare of underprivileged children.
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- People throng book fair ignoring gloomy weather
- Real suffer shock home loss to Girona
- Student organisations remain at variance over DUCSU polls
- Saudi crown prince reaches Pakistan amid tension
- Shanaya Kapoor takes first step in Bollywood
- `India shouldn`t play against Pakistan in WC 2019`
- Maqbul Ahmed resigns from Jamaat
- Lights in Hili
- Fuel price hike cause UK’s airline end
- Collective efforts need to mitigate urban poverty
- `2000 edu institutions to be brought under MPO soon`
- Nirab murder: accused arrested
- Hearing on Jamaat’s appeal soon: AG
- Bogura AL President Momtaz Uddin dies
- Mahmudullah, Boult fined by ICC
- PM at IDEX inaugural in Abu Dhabi
- Sightly lake fascinates visitors
- RU to observe Dr Zoha day tomorrow
- Messi scores one penalty out of two in win
- Ebola kills nearly 100 children
- CORR fall not at expected level yet: ACC Chm
- School banking to create savings habit
- Japan PM nominated Trump for Nobel
- Bangladeshi killed in Saudi Arabia road crash
- Manna’s 11th death anniv today
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- ‘All parties not taking part in UZ polls disappointing’
- 32 grenades recovered in Khulna
- ‘Sagar-Runi’ Murder report delay for 63rd time
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- WB to cooperate with Bangladesh: Qimiao Fan
- Spain teeters on brink of snap election
- Bangladesh, Indian Air Forces can work together: PM
- Net house potato farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Which channel broadcast BAN vs NZ series
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- Elderly couple among 3 killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Haunting beauty of ghost towns
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Mashrafe confident of BD`s chances despite Shakib`s absence
- 28 including drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Illusions about losing weight
- PM visits LGRD ministry
- College student killed in Madarganj road crash
- Israel shoots dead two Palestinian teenagers
- Pahela Falgun being celebrated
- Two drug traders held with phensedyl
- Speech-impaired college-girl raped, man held
- Seven yrs of Sagar-Runi murder
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Gazipur road crash
- 5 mayor aspirants get symbols
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Al Mahmud admitted to ICU
- Emergency declared in Russia over polar bear ‘invasion’