Ensuring quality education to slum children stressed
Published: 08:20 PM, 7 December 2018 Updated: 08:20 PM, 7 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Development activists and youth leaders at a participatory discussion here have unequivocally called for ensuring quality education to the slum children for transforming them into worthy citizens.
They mentioned that hundred percent school enrolment, quality teaching and stopping dropout can be the vital means of attaining the cherished goal of flourishing latent talents of slum children.
They came up with the observation while addressing a dialogue and view- sharing meeting styled “Slum Children Education and Rights” at Coffey Bar in the city on Thursday.
Bangladesh Resource Centre for Indigenous Knowledge (BARCIK) and Barind Education Cultural Diversity Protection Centre (BECDPC) jointly organized the program.
District Children Affairs Officer Monzur Kader, Women Affairs Officer Shirin Akter, Social Service Officer Md Ashiquzzaman, general secretary of Rajshahi Press Club Aslam-Ud-Dowla, chairman of Save the Nature and Life Mijanur Rahman and president of BECDPC Zawad Ahmed Rafi addressed the meeting
as resource persons.
BARCIK Regional Coordinator Shahidul Islam moderated the discussion.
The discussants unanimously said concerted efforts of all government and non-government entities concerned have become an urgent need for ensuring quality education to the slum and all other underprivileged children.
Leaders and executives of more than seven youth organizations, who are conducting schools for the slum children voluntarily, shared their experience in the meeting.
They also depicted their problems relating to operating the schools and sought the cooperation of the government agencies concerned to solve the problems so that they can run the schools effectively and meaningfully.
Besides, they urged the government and the affluent people in society to come forward for the welfare of underprivileged children.
- Catastrophic` breeding failure in emperor penguin colonies
- NASA`s InSight detects first likely `quake` on Mars
- 14-party to hold anti-drug rally tmrw
- Salman Khan accused of snatching mobile phone
- Two more countries in ICC ODI status
- Rana Plaza Volunteer dies after ‘setting himself on fire’
- Housewife ‘raped’ in Panchagarh
- Khulna reach final eliminating Chattogram
- BTRC to deactivate extra SIMs from early Friday
- Pakistan U-16 cricket team coming on Friday
- 35 govt job entry age rejected in JS
- Dhaka contributes $15,000 for OPCW ChemTech Center
- Govt trying to export food abroad
- 19th founding anniv of community clinic tmrw
- Bhutanese PM phones Sheikh Hasina
- World Intellectual Property Day tomorrow
- More Sub-cmte for Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- ‘Humayun Ahmed was a fan of his story’
- Nusrat murder: Shamim on 3-day remand
- Farm equipment subsidies will be extended: Ag Minister
- Nusrat murder: Ruhul Amin sent to jail
- BNP calls Zahidur a `mass enemy`
- Stop antibiotic sale without prescription: HC to govt
- BRAC University student killed in Dhaka road crash
- 76 bridges changes daily life
- Uncle-nephew possessed the school
- Nissan ex-boss Ghosn granted $4.5m bail
- Joe Biden launches 2020 presidential bid
- HC seeks report on mobile tower radiation
- Spicy raw mango juice in summer
- All News »
- ‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Transport strike underway on various highways
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- PM visits residence of late Hamida Khanam
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- PM returns home tomorrow
- New identity of Porimoni
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- Adele separates from husband
- Speak against militancy in Khutba: PM to Imams
- 4 killed in truck-auto rickshaw collision
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- UN top officials urged to pursue Myanmar for safe zone
- Shomi Kaiser faces criticism for her behavior
- Case filed over Shahenur’s death
- Nusrat murder: CID searching money grantor