England wins beating Windies
Published: 10:57 PM, 14 June 2019 Updated: 10:57 PM, 14 June 2019
In the 19th match of the on going 12th ICC World Cup, England gain one more step to the Final beating Windies in 8 wickets. English surpassed Caribbean’s 212 runs target in 33.1 overs easily.
England captain Eoin Morgan decided to bowl first after winning the toss. The bowlers have successfully made that plan a reality. English bowlers’ controlled bowling did not allow the Caribbean batsmen to move forward. Windies got trapped just at 212 runs
Windies could not play the whole overs while Jason Holder's team was all out at 44.4 overs. Before all out, they can score 212 runs at the scoreboard.
At the beginning, Chris Woakes dismissed Evin Lewis for 1 run. Then, after Gayle returned after 36 in Plunkett's delivery. Soon after Gayle, Woods with turned Shai Hope at personal score 11.
After losing 3 wickets in a quick season, Pooran and Hetmyer lead the team for a while. However, Joe Root turned Hetmyer for 39 runs only. Then Holder out at 9 runs.
Rasel tried to storm but stopped at 21 runs. After dismissal of Pooran for 63, the Windies tried to play the full 50 overs only.
When Brathwaite returned with 14 runs, Windies could not move to 50 overs. None of the last 3 batsmen got the runs.
Nicholas Pooran scored 63, but no one could contribute in the Windies innings. In this case, two English pacers Mark Wood and Jeffrey Archer. Both took 3 wickets Joe Root also took two wickets.
Jason Ryan and Eoin Morgan leave the field after fielding. The Joe Root, who got the opportunity to open the innings with Bairstow,
The duo got accustomed from the start. The run chase required 4 runs per over, but the two were to take 6 runs. They did not lose any wickets in the 10 overs and 63 runs.
Bairstow was dismissed by 45 runs off Gabrielle for 95 runs. Chris Oaks, who got the promotion from batting order, Chris Woakes, who scored a hundred against the Rooks, brought the match to England's hands. Okay, return to the team 199 and personal 40 runs. The team was then a few hands away from the win.
On the other side, the route took an extraordinary one century. Ben Stokes was unbeaten on 10 runs.
In this win, England went a lot in the way of semifinal. Morgan's team has reached the second spot with 4 points from 4 matches and the second place in the table,
For Windies, however, the semifinal equation was a bit difficult. Jason Holder's team at the sixth place in the table with 3 points in 4 matches.
Windies 212 (44.4)
Pooran, 63, Hatmeyer 39
Wood 18/3, Archer 30/3
England 213/2 (33.1)
Joe Root 100 *, Bairstow 45
- Artificial milk production: Cost TK 6, Sell TK 61!
- HC fixed further time for Greenline
- Abduction, blackmale then ransom
- Rooppur pillow issue: HC waits for ministry’s action
- Verdict against 5 Gaibandha Razakars any day
- Rajshahi Kings sign JP Duminy
- Death convict surrendered
- Law minister doesn’t consider Priya’s statement as seditious offence
- BJP politician downs Darwin’s theory of evolution
- No action to be taken hastily against Priya Saha: Quader
- 7 including 4 cops killed in dual blast in Pakistan
- WhatsApp: Security & privacy
- Tractor rams motorcyclist in Dinajpur
- Fire at Banani multi-storey building again
- Eating burger links chronic diseases!
- Hammerhead shark found first-ever
- Court denies bail for Minni
- Drug peddler killed in Teknaf gunfight
- 28 killed in N. Afghanistan airstrike
- Heatwave in U.S. kills 6
- Rain likely to increase in next 72 hrs
- Bail hearing for Minni today
- Death toll hits 15 in Chinese gas plant explosion
- 2 sedition cases filed against Priya Saha
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Not only diplomacy but economic issues should also be emphasised
- Over 22,000 rally in Moscow for fair polls
- Today’s sports on TV
- Zimbabwe not taking part Bangladesh T20 tri-series
- Hong Kong actor Simon Yam stabbed on stage in China
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- HM Ershad passes away
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- How to get HSC result
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Minni sent to jail
- PM urges DCs to be sincere for accelerated development
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur