England plans to return field by early May
Published: 05:09 PM, 29 March 2020 Updated: 05:56 PM, 29 March 2020
England Cricket team
The whole world is shaking due to deadly coronavirus and world sports also hit by this. The Internationa Cricket Council (ICC) has announced shut all forms of cricket for an indefinite period but the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) are trying to get back on the field.
The England and Wales Cricket Board could install coronavirus checkpoints and isolation units at grounds in order to resume the game behind closed doors.
English cricket has shut down until at least 28 May but the ECB is looking at playing internationals with no fans.
England's Test series with West Indies is due to start at The Oval on 4 June,
"We're mapping out what international matches would look like behind closed doors," ECB director of events Steve Elworthy told the Guardian.
He explained that this would require a sterile "bubble" to ensure the identification of anyone in the vicinity who was carrying the virus.
The government’s initial advice around mass gatherings prior to the current lockdown was 500 people or fewer, and Elworthy is using that as a basis for discussions.
"That was guided by the potential impact on critical services like paramedics and doctors,” he explained.
"You would likely have to work within that number [which would be made up of essential matchday staff]... then you have to think about medical provisions, creating a safe and sterile environment around that venue, so that everyone who comes in is clear.
"So it's how you test them at the gate, the isolation units that you have to put in. These are considerations we are thinking about."
- La Liga season would have ended if Real Madrid were top!
- World records 116,000 coronavirus cases in one day
- Rain likely to continue for 3 more days
- 27 more infected with COVID-19 in Barishal division
- International Day of UN Peacekeepers today
- Newborn contracts coronavirus in Chattogram
- Trump signs executive order targeting social media
- Two brothers killed in Naogaon`s truck accident
- 5 doctors tested coronavirus positive in CoMCH
- 26 more contracted coronavirus in Faridpur
- Khulna starts ‘Plasma Therapy’ experimental treatment
- Riyad apologizes to all
- Police recovered hanging body in Khulna
- Take a view of heart disease symptoms to reduce death risk
- No COVID-19 test in BITID for 3 days
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Mahathir expelled from party
- France further eases lockdown
- World’s oldest man dies at 112
- Another died of COVID-19 in Rangpur
- Chattogram reports 229 more COVID-19 cases
- Bus owners set to meet BRTA-Police today
- Coronavirus death toll tops 362,000
- Sunamganj records 18 fresh COVID-19 cases
- Coronavirus: India surpasses China in terms of deaths
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Eight trains to resume from May 31
- Iran reopens borders with Turkey and Iraq
- 7 Afghan security personnel killed in Taliban attack
- Trump planing to sell arms to Saudi again
- All News »
- Pak model Zara Abid feared dead in plane crash
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 1694 infected in 24hrs, 24 more dead
- Death toll in Pakistan plane crash hits 66
- Thousands offer Eid prayers in knee-deep water
- 1532 new infected in 24 hrs, 28 die
- Dhaka’s air quality good today
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- Popular model dead in Pakistan plane crash
- Noble faces RAB interrogation
- PIA flight with 98 passengers crashes in Pakistan
- Apurba and Tisha ‘Missing’
- Highest 1,975 COVID-19 cases in a day, 21 die
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Shokh herself reveals mystery of 2nd marriage?
- Offices resume from May 31
- 20 die in 24 hrs, 1873 new infected
- Japanese wrestler Hana Kimura dies
- Khashoggi’s sons forgive their father’s killers
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Coronavirus cases in country exceed 30,000
- Saudi among 3 countries announces Eid-ul-Fitr on Sunday
- It was a horrible night: Rukmini
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 342,396 globally
- Wuhan lab had three live bat coronaviruses
- Power bill deadline extended
- What to do if you miss the Eid prayer
- Statue in the name of Allah-Muhammad (PBUH)
- Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated tomorrow
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead