Election historic with huge turnout of voters: Rahman
Published: 04:22 AM, 31 December 2018 Updated: 04:22 AM, 31 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Awami League (AL) Joint General Secretary Abdur Rahman today termed the 11th Parliament election as a historic one in any standard as the election was held in a peaceful manner with huge participation of the voters across the country.
“The election is a historic one because it ended peacefully in comparison to any previous occasion with a huge turnout of the voters throughout the country,” he said.
Rahman said this at a press conference organized by AL at the AL President Sheikh Hasina’s political office in city’s Dhanmondi area this evening after the election.
He said although some incidents of violence occurred in separate places during the polls, even then it held peacefully, adding, the voter’s participation was satisfactory.
Referring to the sincerity of the voters, he said that even disabled persons and pregnant women were seen exercising their franchise in this polls.
“To complete this election peacefully was a big challenge before the nation,” he said, adding that, it has been completed with enormous support of the countrymen under the Election Commission.
Praising Awami League President Sheikh Hasina, he also said that Sheikh Hasina has opened the path of conducting an inclusive election within just a one week by holding a meaningful dialogue with all the political parties of the country.
He also mentioned that two Ansar members were murdered by BNP-Jamaat cadres while engaged in protecting law and order during the polling time.
“I pray for the eternal peace of the departed souls and expressed sympathy to the bereaved family members,” he added.
AL organizing secretary BM Mozammel Haque MP, Education and Human Resources Secretary Shamsun Nahar Chapa and Deputy Office Secretary Barrister Biplob Barua, among others, were present on the occasion.
- Edu Minister criticized teachers for ‘Coaching’
- NZ PM received death threats
- Argentina to train up Bangladeshi footballers
- ‘Shark plane’ in Bangladesh
- Orchita Sporshia in Makkah to perform Umrah
- Will take charge of Ducsu: VP Noor
- Mustafiz gets hitched
- Balaka bus hit Menon’s car
- Emilia Clarke reveals she suffered two near-fatal brain aneurysms
- Woman`s throat-slit body found in Bagerhat
- 2 powerful cyclones bear down on North Australian coast
- Commercial banana farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Surma-Dhanu rivers in hand of influential occupiers
- Unidentifind woman killed in Narsingdi road crash
- Two US soldiers killed in Afghanistan
- Journo Anwarul Haq passes away
- Five drug traders among 19 held in Dinajpur
- 2 Bangladeshi Christchurch victims’ burial completed
- Risk of facing loss due to mites attack
- RAB’s anti-narcotics drive in capital’s Geneva Camp
- World Water Day today
- Mass funeral held to bury 26 slain in N. Zealand
- Rain likely untill tomorrow morning
- Six killed as car hits crowd in China
- Five killed as bus hits auto-rickshaw in Barishal
- Nearly 100 dead as ferry sinks in Iraq`s Tigris river
- New Zealand falls silent for mosque victims
- Pakistan to face Australia today in 1st ODI
- China chemical blast death toll rises to 44
- 1350 meters of Padma Bridge visible now
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Hidden meaning of writing on the rifle..
- Man held with shotgun at Dhaka airport
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- Man’s mobile phone protects him from ‘arrow attack’
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- Six dead, 30 injured in China chemical plant blast
- ‘Send cricket team to ensure security in future’
- Attack suspect Brenton Tarrant appears in court
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- National SME fair begins
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- 100th birthday of Bangabandhu celebrated
- Student killed in Sirajganj road crash, road blockade
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- NZ mosque attack leaves 27 dead, Tigers scattered
- Tigers left New Zealand
- 12th death anniversary of Rana today
- 50 killed as flash floods strike Indonesia’s Papua
- All 50 victims of Christchurch attack identified: police