Elderly couple found dead in Barguna; son, his wife held
Published: 08:09 PM, 30 November 2018 Updated: 01:57 PM, 10 February 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
An elderly couple was found dead at their house at Nali in Sadar upazila on Friday morning.
The deceased were identified as Abdul Mannan, 75, and his wife Fatema Begum, 60.
Police detained couple’s elder son Rony and his wife Koli for interrogation over the incident.
Arif Mohammad Hossain, officer-in-charge (OC) of Sadar Police Station, said the couple went to sleep on Thursday night as usual.
“Getting no response from them since late morning, relatives stormed the room only to find them lying dead,” he said.
“On information, police recovered the bodies and sent those to Barguna General Hospital morgue for autopsy,” the OC said.
There was no injury mark on the bodies as per the viscera report, he said, adding that they will be sure about the incident after getting the autopsy report. “We’ve taken the couple's elder son and his wife to the police station for interrogation.”
Locals said Rony who runs a restaurant in the district town recently asked his mother to give him Tk 1 lakh for expanding the business after selling their land.
As Fatema declined to sell the land, Rony and his wife behaved indecently with her. An arbitration was scheduled to be held today (Friday) in this regard.
- President, PM mourns death of Prof Muzaffar Ahmed
- Liverpool, Arsenal, Man United to play tonight
- Ivy Rahman`s 15th death anniv today
- Brazil sends army to tackle Amazon blazes
- Robber killed in Sylhet gunfight
- US-China trade war: Trump imposes furious tariff
- Nuclear Titanic: 1st Russ seaborne NPP
- Amazon: lungs of the planet
- Hesson, Katich join IPL’s Bangalore franchise
- Prof Muzaffar Ahmed passes away
- 2 killed in Ctg road crash
- Bangladesh-Argentina agree to increase trade
- Life of Brian: Most blasphemous film ever
- France-Brazil deal halted over Amazon fires
- England 67 all out in third Ashes Test
- Seaside dam-road collapsed: No reform in 7 yrs
- 200 examiners to miss exam papers evaluation in Rajshahi
- Problems in rotting jute
- Amazon fires a global crisis says Macron
- President for communal harmony to attain development
- US-Russia trade barbs at UN over ‘new arms race’
- Language Movement veteran Dr MA Gafur dies
- Malta cultivation in Gauripur
- Six-year-old YouTube star buys $6.5mn property
- Bangladesh beat Bhutan by 5-2 in SAFF U-15 tie
- Ivy Rahman`s 15th death anniv tomorrow
- Jaya Ahsan in spectral character
- Unrest in India-Pakistan border again
- Dengue claims housewife’s life in Satkhira
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Amazon: lungs of the planet
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- A new milestone for Purnima
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- PEC exam schedule published
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- World Mosquito Day today
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- Massive cyberattack; List of affected websites