Dhaka City Polls
Eight incl Atiqul-Tapash collect AL nomination forms
Published: 08:45 PM, 25 December 2019 Updated: 08:49 PM, 25 December 2019
Eight candidates including incumbent DNCC Mayor Atiqul Islam and ruling party MPs Haji Mohammad Salim and Sheikh Fazle Nur Tapash on Wednesday collected Awami League nomination forms for contesting the elections to two Dhaka city corporations.
Of them, Salim and Taposh bought nomination forms to participate in the election to Dhaka South City Corporation (DSCC) while Atiqul in Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) polls.
On behalf of Taposh, his uncle Mamun Serniabat collected the nomination form from the AL president’s Dhanmondi political office while Haji Salim’s personal secretary Mohiuddin Ahmed Belal for him.
DNCC mayor’s personal secretary Saifuddin Imon collected the nomination form for Atiqul.
Eight contenders have so far bought AL nomination forms for the two city corporations. The others include Bangabandhu Academy President Nazmul Haque and former Secretary General of Muktijoddha Central Command Council MA Rashid for the DSCC election while Bangabandhu Foundation Joint General Secretary Shahidullah Osmani for the DNCC polls.
However, incumbent DSCC Mayor Sayeed Khokon is yet to collect the nomination form.
Each aspirant has to pay Tk 25,000 for the nomination form.
The distribution of forms will continue from 8am to 5pm every day till December 27.
The applicants will have to submit their forms by 6pm on Friday (December 27) for the DNCC and DSCC polls scheduled to be held on January 30.
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks