Eid holidaymakers’ sufferings to be reduced
1089 BRTC for Eid special service
Published: 01:26 PM, 19 May 2019 Updated: 01:48 PM, 19 May 2019
Journey suffering for the home bound people on the Eid holidays will be reduced due to the remarkable development in road communication system, especially in Tangail, Kanchpur, Meeghna and Gomti areas, said the Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader. The Eid-ul-Fitr festivities will be more comfortable than the other times, he also expressed hope.
On Sunday morning, after a long illness, he came to the ministry and signed some files. Ministry officials greeted him with flowers. Later he made this remark to the public media.
The minister said, though he is physically recovered now, the body is very weak. He has to you to go for checkup after months. He is prohibited from heavy work. After one and a half months, we can return to the previous state.
He said, two months 16 days ago, I talked to the journalists last. Then I was far away due to the illness. Maybe I was away from the world. With the blessing of all, I have been recovered by the grace of Allah. Prime Minister's sincerity and special effort have made possible the recovery from the primary crisis.
The minister said the BRTC Eid Special Service will continue from May 27 to June 10. A number of 1089 buses will be move around the country for the special Eid service. Of them, 649 in Dhaka city and 390 in the inter district while 50 standby buses will be kept to meet emergency needs.
Obaidul Quader said, “I was in Singapore while undergoing treatment. However, the ministry officials did not neglect their duties. They worked. I'm mentally prepared completely. And physically too. Singapore's doctors gave time for further checkup on July 16. Then I'll go for once.”
He said, “The first innings is finished. Inshallah I will play in the second innings.” the challenges of the second innings are to implement the big projects like bringing discipline back on the road, including the elimination of traffic congestions in a timely manner. Under the leadership of Prime Minister, InshaAllah, we will be able to deal with those challenges properly.
The minister said the Prime Minister will inaugurate Meghna II and Gomti Bridge on May 25 through video conferencing.
Responding to a query, the eminent politician said that the party's council will be in due time. If I am absent, it will not be under the leadership of the Prime Minister.
- No harmful contents in pasteurized milk brands, BSTI to HC
- JP-led govt will be formed in future: GM Quader
- Army Chief to visit United Nations Peacekeeping Mission
- Dementia risk tied to common drugs
- Momen sought Beijing’s support to convince Myanmar
- Action against govt officials if drug addict: HM
- FR Tower: ACC’s case accusing Ex-RAJUK chair among 25
- PM’s good news for Tigers
- Brian Lara hospitalized after chest pain
- Who responsible for collapsed bridges?
- Exemption with financial benefit by SI
- All pasteurised milk including Pran-Milk Vita-Arong adulterated
- Holey Artisan attack case: Five more policemen testify
- England wins toss, bowl first
- ECNEC clears 10 projects
- PM orders to quick repair of shaky bridges
- ‘King of Pop’ Michael’s 10th death anniv today
- Owners of 31 brick kilns sued
- Writ files to correct mistakes on English 2nd paper
- Suman in HC seeking ban on unnecessary C-section
- Six Killed as bus falls into ditch in India
- Heat wave may abate some places
- JSS activist shot dead in Bandarban
- Elderly man dies as 90kg man falls on him
- US hits Iran’s supreme leader Khamenei with sanctions
- Australia-England high voltage match today
- 3 human traffickers killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- Shakib star as Bangladesh beat Afghanistan
- Where Shakib is first
- All News »
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Probe report submission deferred again
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- ‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- 3 to die, 7 get life for Kishoreganj murder
- Ayub Bachchu Chottor being built with Rupali Guitar
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- Rainfall may increase in next 72 hrs
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties