Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
Published: 11:07 AM, 17 May 2019 Updated: 02:33 PM, 17 May 2019
On the occasion of holy Eid-ul-Fitr, the sale of advance bus ticket has started on Friday (May 17). It will continue till May 30.
These tickets are being sold from the counters in Gabtoli, Kalyanpur, Shyamoli and adjoining areas of the capital. Since early morning, the overflowing crowd was seen in different counters.
Like the last two years, the Bangladesh Road Transport Authority (BRTA) has fixed fares for Eid journey. On demand, there are plans to bring new buses on different routes. There will also be additional BRTC buses.
Ramesh Chandra Ghosh, chairman of Bangladesh Bus-Truck Owners Association, told reporters that the advance bus ticket sales are going on according to the decision of the bus-truck owners association meeting.
“Ticket sales are being monitored. A fixed fare chart according to the distance has given in every counter so that the passengers donot have to give extra fares. If someone takes more than the fixed fare, action will be taken on behalf of the association with the evidence,” he said.
He also said, “Ticket sales of different transport companies have been prepared to sell advance tickets on the occasion of Eid. So that the ticket aspirants donot suffer, they have been asked to take alternative steps.”
Advance bus tickets are being sold from different counters including Gabtoli, Kalyanpur, Shyamoli, Mohakhali. Again, the tickets of Agomoni, Nabil, National and Desh Travels are being sold online. Besides, anyone can buy a destination ticket from sohoj.com.
According to the transport concerned, tickets for North Bengal-bound and South Bengal-bound buses are being sold from Gabtoli, Technical, and Kalyanpur like every year. This year, the same decision has been taken. However, immediate tickets will be sold from Mohakhali and Sayedabad bus terminals like before.
At the same time, there will be low pressure on buses due to the long Eid holiday. They are expected to start going home from May 30.
Many people will leave for home by taking an early holiday on Friday, May 31 and Saturday, June 1. Eid holidays are starting from June 4 to three days.
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- BNP hatching conspiracy to create anarchy: Nasim
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Sugar rise during pregnancy could make childhood obesity
- Laser technique could unlock use of tough material
- Youths to provide jobs instead of looking for employment: Palak
- Evolution of Puppy Dog eyes
- ‘Sinking’ Mughal-era mosque attracts visitors!
- President visits Imam Bukhari (R) mazar
- Atiqul wants to work for children
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- `Please don`t use bad words for players`: Amir to fans
- No charge for client on ‘bKash- Rocket’ balance check
- Fine, if ads on city’s wall, trees!
- Youth ‘kills mother, rapes daughter’
- Mash reluctant to talk about retirement
- Morgan breaks record with six-hitting, England post 397
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Betna River can be crossed walking
- HC orders ‘stern action’ against chemical use in fruits
- Kalyanpur petrol pump fire doused
- Rape allegation against JP Secretary General
- ECNEC approves 11 projects involving Tk 8,052cr
- HM explains posting of Addl SP to Thana as OC
- Massive fire breaks out at Kalyanpur petrol pump
- Trump wants to deport millions US residents
- Give your helping hand for meritorious student`s treatment
- Gold, silver price abated
- GSB discovered ‘Iron ore mine’ in Dinajpur!
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- JS budget session begins today
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- Uday Hakim joins risingbd as Advisory Editor
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20