Education sector witnesses Tk 1,331cr uplifts in Rangpur
Published: 06:19 PM, 29 December 2018 Updated: 06:19 PM, 29 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Massive infrastructural uplifts implemented spending about Taka 1,331 crore in the education sector improved academic facilities in over 4,000 educational institutions of Rangpur division in last ten years.
The Education Engineering Department (EED) executed the uplifts under 17 projects providing facilities like new academic buildings, computers, digital equipments and multimedia classrooms helping students to easily understand lessons.
Officials in EED, district administration, Local Government Department and educational institutions said huge infrastructural developments have brought a revolutionary change in the education sector in all eight districts of Rangpur division.
Executive Engineer of EED Md Asaduzzaman said infrastructural uplifts done at Taka 1,331 crore have significantly enhanced academic facilities improving quality of education in the secondary and higher secondary levels.
“The students are getting better facilities for academic activities in their educational institutions of Rangpur, Kurigram, Gaibandha, Lalmonirhat, Nilphamari, Panchagarh, Thakurgaon and Dinajpur districts in the division,” he said.
In Rangpur district, infrastructural developments were completed in 602 secondary and higher secondary level educational institutions and Begum Rokeya University at the cost of over Taka 337 crore in last ten years.
“Following construction of four academic buildings, three residential halls and other infrastructures at over Taka 76 crore in Begum Rokeya University, the opportunity for higher education has brightened there,” Asaduzzaman said.
Similarly, EED has constructed four-storey academic buildings of 154 non- government colleges at over Taka 140 crore, 107 secondary schools at over Taka 51 crore and 20 madrashas at over Taka 12 crore in Rangpur district.
“We have constructed four-storey academic buildings to turn 14 non-government schools into model schools at about Taka 7.50 crore and one academic building and two hostels for female students at Carmichael College at about Taka 15 crore,” he added.
Besides, construction of toilet blocks, ICT Resource Centers, boundary walls, roads, laboratories, workshops and renovation works were completed spending about Taka 34.50 crore in different educational institutions of Rangpur district.
Talking to the correspondent, Principal of Mazida Khatun Mohila College in Rangpur AKM Sharifuzzaman said EED has constructed a five-storey academic building with digitized ICT and IT facilities improving learning facilities in the institution.
Science group intermediate students Asha Moni and Ishraat of the college said the new academic with 30 computers in computer laboratory and 11 multimedia projectors have improved academic facilities.
Principal of Lalkuthi Girls’ School and College in the city Abdur Rouf Sarker said EED has constructed a five-storey academic building with digitized ICT and IT facilities improving education facilities in the institution.
Intermediate students Rubina and Sheuly of the college said they are learning lessons easily in multimedia classrooms and improving knowledge on internet using computers at the laboratory.
Students Aklima and Roksana of intermediate level at Kanthalbari Degree College in Kurigram said they are easily learning knowledge in new classrooms having digitized multi-media projector facilities after massive infrastructural uplifts.
Deputy Commissioner of Kurigram Sultana Pervin said massive infrastructural uplifts in the education sector have improved academic facilities and quality of education in all nine upazilas of Kurigram district.
Divisional Director (Local Government) Zakir Hossain said infrastructural developments in the education sector in last ten years substantially improved academic atmosphere and facilities and quality of education allover Rangpur division.
“Infrastructural developments are still being implemented by EDD to further improve academic facilities at other educational institutions in the division,” Zakir added.
- Two killed as covered van hits pickup
- England, Australia to play WC Warm Up today
- Boro paddy procurement drive begins in Narail
- Shakib on the brink of another milestone
- Mozammel to join Modi’s oath ceremony
- Iraq sentences 3 Frenchmen to death
- PM to leave home for 12-day tour Tuesday
- Miraz vows to cover up Tigers’ lack of leg-spinner
- Don`t want to see BRTC bankrupt: Quader
- Mahathir expected to visit Bangladesh at ‘year-end’
- Bangladesh-Japan to sign $2.5 bl ODA
- Habitual coffee drinkers really do wake up and smell coffee
- Study predicts shift to smaller animals over next century
- Exotic matter uncovered in the sun`s atmosphere
- PBI proves ex-Sonagazi OC `fault` in DSA
- Modi to take oath on Thursday
- IGP calls for increasing security ahead of Eid
- Bangladesh`s warm-up abandoned due to rain
- JS body urge to complete “Swadhinata Stambha” soon
- Eid Jamaat at 8:30 am
- 6 hours’ road reduced to 1.5 hour
- Hasan urges BNP not to do ‘ill politics’ over Khaleda’s health
- EC, Local Govt Division get new secretaries
- Cannes 2019: All the winners and losers of this year`s festival
- 72nd Cannes film festival winners at a glance
- Magnitude 8 earthquake strikes Peru
- Historical Conquest of Mecca
- ‘Gas supply’ in Capital suspended tomorrow
- No unity in Oikya Front: Information Minister
- PM for girls’ vocational education
- All News »
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- Boro paddy procurement drive begins in Narail
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Adventurous operation BEKPA-2 (Episode-1) under Captain Touquir
- Taylor, Williamson lead NZ to beat India
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- `Final should not decide my future`
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- PM inaugurates Panchagarh Express
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- 29 fake question leakers held in Satkhira
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- Panchagarh Express starts journey today
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part II)
- Highest power generation recorded
- When Jail-guard are ‘drug dealers’!
- Poet Helal Hafiz hospitalized
- Archer named in England World Cup squad
- Quader for salary, bonus before 25th Ramadan
- Mango bean to control diabetes
- 4 of a family killed in gas cylinder blast