Edu minister for upsurge education budget
Published: 03:24 PM, 24 April 2019
Education Minister Dr. Dipu Moni has commented that to transform the population into human resources, it is urgent to make more allocation to the education budget.
She made this remark at a seminar titled ' Upcoming Budget and Education: Our expect’ organized at the National Press Club premises on Wednesday.
Education Minister Dr. Dipu Moni paid tribute the Srilanka victims at the beginning of the ceremony. Later, regarding the education budget, Dipu Moni said, “The country will have to move forward on the pillar of education. The education sector needs to be given the highest importance.”
She said, the budget we get in education is very much, but after sharing all the sectors it seems very less.
Education Minister said if you see the election manifesto of 1970, Bangabandhu said that spending about 4 percent of the GDP in the education sector. There is a request to take this advice of Bangabandhu on social planning.
Dipu Moni said that dreams of bringing all children to school have been implemented, now we have to reduce the drop rate of children. They should look to the extent that they can end their education without any difficulty.
He said that the government has implemented many big projects in the last 10 years. Many projects cost a lot of money to implement these projects. But the attention in education did not diminish. You have to understand that this government is education friendly.
Dipu Moni said that there is a need to 'Mid-Day' mil to reduce the dropout rate in schools, the children will come to the school only if there is an arrangement for food in the school. It is also very important because there is a nutritional link with merit. Now we need to pay attention not only to foods but also to nutrition.
Meanwhile, the Education Minister also urged to allocate sufficient budget for the 'Mid-Day' mil.
The former adviser to the caretaker government Rasheda K Chowdhury, former Vice-Chancellor of Dhaka University AAMS Arefin Siddique, Dr. SM Dilwar Rana and many dignitaries were present at the seminar organized by Movement for World Education Rights.
- No harmful contents in pasteurized milk brands, BSTI to HC
- JP-led govt will be formed in future: GM Quader
- Army Chief to visit United Nations Peacekeeping Mission
- Dementia risk tied to common drugs
- Momen sought Beijing’s support to convince Myanmar
- Action against govt officials if drug addict: HM
- FR Tower: ACC’s case accusing Ex-RAJUK chair among 25
- PM’s good news for Tigers
- Brian Lara hospitalized after chest pain
- Who responsible for collapsed bridges?
- Exemption with financial benefit by SI
- All pasteurised milk including Pran-Milk Vita-Arong adulterated
- Holey Artisan attack case: Five more policemen testify
- England wins toss, bowl first
- ECNEC clears 10 projects
- PM orders to quick repair of shaky bridges
- ‘King of Pop’ Michael’s 10th death anniv today
- Owners of 31 brick kilns sued
- Writ files to correct mistakes on English 2nd paper
- Suman in HC seeking ban on unnecessary C-section
- Six Killed as bus falls into ditch in India
- Heat wave may abate some places
- JSS activist shot dead in Bandarban
- Elderly man dies as 90kg man falls on him
- US hits Iran’s supreme leader Khamenei with sanctions
- Australia-England high voltage match today
- 3 human traffickers killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- Shakib star as Bangladesh beat Afghanistan
- Where Shakib is first
- All News »
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Probe report submission deferred again
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- ‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- 3 to die, 7 get life for Kishoreganj murder
- Ayub Bachchu Chottor being built with Rupali Guitar
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- Rainfall may increase in next 72 hrs
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties