Edu minister for upsurge education budget
Published: 03:24 PM, 24 April 2019
Education Minister Dr. Dipu Moni has commented that to transform the population into human resources, it is urgent to make more allocation to the education budget.
She made this remark at a seminar titled ' Upcoming Budget and Education: Our expect’ organized at the National Press Club premises on Wednesday.
Education Minister Dr. Dipu Moni paid tribute the Srilanka victims at the beginning of the ceremony. Later, regarding the education budget, Dipu Moni said, “The country will have to move forward on the pillar of education. The education sector needs to be given the highest importance.”
She said, the budget we get in education is very much, but after sharing all the sectors it seems very less.
Education Minister said if you see the election manifesto of 1970, Bangabandhu said that spending about 4 percent of the GDP in the education sector. There is a request to take this advice of Bangabandhu on social planning.
Dipu Moni said that dreams of bringing all children to school have been implemented, now we have to reduce the drop rate of children. They should look to the extent that they can end their education without any difficulty.
He said that the government has implemented many big projects in the last 10 years. Many projects cost a lot of money to implement these projects. But the attention in education did not diminish. You have to understand that this government is education friendly.
Dipu Moni said that there is a need to 'Mid-Day' mil to reduce the dropout rate in schools, the children will come to the school only if there is an arrangement for food in the school. It is also very important because there is a nutritional link with merit. Now we need to pay attention not only to foods but also to nutrition.
Meanwhile, the Education Minister also urged to allocate sufficient budget for the 'Mid-Day' mil.
The former adviser to the caretaker government Rasheda K Chowdhury, former Vice-Chancellor of Dhaka University AAMS Arefin Siddique, Dr. SM Dilwar Rana and many dignitaries were present at the seminar organized by Movement for World Education Rights.
- Attacks on Cops: 2 Neo JMB men held
- 10 killed in India gas cylinder blast
- BUET admission test underway
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Voting in 8 Upazilas underway
- Portugal, France, England to play tonight
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- Muhammad (PBUH) urges people for marriage
- Woman gives birth to 5 babies simultaneously!
- US Gymnast Simone breaks World Championships medals record
- FB researchers using Maths for better translations
- Golakata Mosque: Where tenants were beheaded
- Neymar gets injured again as Brazil draw with Nigeria
- Ecuador protest talks set for Sunday as capital locks down
- Minister warns boosting surveillance in every edu inst
- IU admission tests schedule published
- CUET admission test held
- India set new record with test series over Proteas
- Quader opposes ban on student politics
- Kamal askes ADB help on Rohingya issue
- 4,000 cases filed over traffic irregularities
- GM accused in 54 cases arrested
- Ministry declares 22 days coaching shut
- 28 arrested in anti-drug drive
- ‘Banking sector needs urgent reformation’
- Bangladesh U-19 seal series 4-1
- Two buses race claim pedestrian life
- Delicious ‘Quail roast in coconut milk’
- News of engagement abolished is baseless: Jolly
- Oscar-winning actress arrested
- All News »
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Unrest in BUET over Abrar murder
- Abrar murder: BUET students place 8-point demand
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- One held over Buet student Abrar murder
- Abrar murder: 9 BCL men held, case filed against 19
- Abrar laid to rest
- Abrar’s roommate Mizan held
- Execrable ‘Hope Diamond’
- The king who rose from the dead
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Abrar murder: 10 accused remanded for five days
- Abrar Murder: Amit Shaha of room-2011 held
- A tale of Titanic survivor Elsie Bowerman
- Buet students place fresh 10-point demand
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- MBBS admission test today
- BUET VC at campus in students protest
- Pakistan faces Sri Lanka in 2nd T20I today
- Serial killer Samuel murdered at least 50: FBI
- China`s first polar observation satellite supports polar research
- The lake that turns life to stone!
- Bangladesh face Qatar in FIFA WC Qualifying
- Typhoon Hagibis: 11 killed in Japan
- Swedish King removes grandchildren from royal house
- Lake of No Return: A trap of death
- Bluewater cannot enter Shah Bukhari’s shrine
- S.Africa court rules Zuma must face corruption trial
- Buet’s Sher-e-Bangla Hall provost resigns