Easy ways to cure Acidity
Published: 05:42 PM, 4 January 2018 Updated: 05:42 PM, 4 January 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Acidity is a symptom that is caused by excess production of acid by the gastric glands in the stomach.
Your stomach naturally produces gastric or hydrochloric acid (HCl) to help digest and break down food. Acidity rises in the body when there is an excess production of acid due to triggers such as acidic foods, alcohol, dehydration, and stress.
The acidity level may increase suddenly for many people. So we have to learn to overcome the acidity in our body. There are some ways to overcome the acidity in our body; these are:
Eat small pieces of food
Do not eat a big piece of food, eat a small piece of food. Also, do not forget to chew it well during meals. It is possible to reduce the quantity of food if you eat small pieces of food. It will be easy to get rid of acidity.
Know the trigger
Many people start acidity through a specific diet. You have to keep in mind what type of food that causes acidity in your body when you eat. Different types of Masala foods, alcohol, caffeine etc can start the acidity in your body. It is easy to avoid acidity when avoiding these foods.
Refrain from drinking beverages
Many people get acidity by drinking soda, cola drinks and alcohol. So if necessary, exclude these beverages. Drink pure water if needed. You can also drink orange or lemon juice.
Avoid drinking caffeine at the end of the day
Do not drink tea or coffee or similar caffeine at the end of the meal. Caffeine can lead to acidity. The list includes soft drinks and chocolates.
To prevent excess acidity, try to keep antacids to prevent illness. It can be useful during times of danger.
Do not sleep after eating
If you sleep after eating, you can increase the stomach acid level. There is a huge possibility of increasing acid levels in this situation. So wait for a few hours, then go to sleep.
Walk before or after eating
Walk for a while before or after meals. If you walk inadequate light and air, it is helpful for your health as well as for your stomach food digestion. And it is possible to keep acidity problems under control.
- T-Aman seedbed prepared on 100 acres in Gaibandha
- Man dies of dengue in Mymensingh
- Vegetable vendor dies of dengue in Khulna
- Fish trader killed in Mirpur road crash
- ‘No existence of media owners without journalists’
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Rain may increase gradually in next 72hrs
- Rains lash India`s northern states, kills 30
- Cabinet’s meeting after 7wks
- ‘Allahar Dal’s ameer among 4 ‘militants’ held
- Major General dismissed for sexual harassment
- Massive cyberattack; List of affected websites
- Issues that will be discussed during Jayashankar’s visit
- Gibraltar rejects US request
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Kashmir outposts divided over status change
- 2 dead, 3 missing after boat sinks in Jamuna