East Zone trailing by 81 runs against Central Zone
Published: 09:50 PM, 5 December 2018 Updated: 09:50 PM, 5 December 2018
Islami Bank East Zone were trailing by 81 runs with nine wickets remaining against Walton Central Zone on the first day (Wednesday) of the 3rd round match of the four-day Bangladesh Cricket League (BCL) that began on Wednesday at Shaheed Chandu Stadium inBagura.
Winning the toss, Islami Bank East Zone invited league leader Walton Central Zone to open the innings first and bundled them out cheaply for just 118 runs in 55 overs in the first innings with devastating bowling by right arm medium pacer from Rajshahi, Farhad Reza, who grabbed seven wickets for 32 runs in 16 overs.
For Walton Central Zone, lower-order Sharifullah (23), opener Pinak Ghosh (21), Jaker Ali (20), Rakin Ahmed (14) and Taibur Rahman (14) were the notable batsmen reaching the double figure.
Apart from Reza's seven-wicket haul, Abu Jayed Rahi claimed two Walton Central Zone wickets for 33 runs.
In reply, Islami Bank East Zone scored 37 for 1 in 14 overs in the first innings when the bails were drawn for the day trailing by 81 runs.
Opener Shamsur Rahman and one-down Mahmudul Hasan were batting with nine runs each after the departure of other openers Rony Talukder making a 24-ball 18 runs with three boundaries.
Shahadat Hossain took the lone wicket conceding 25 runs.
In the other BCL match, Prime Bank South Zone scored 280 for 9 in 90 overs in the first innings against BCB North Zone on the first day at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chattogram.
After the dismissal of first three batsmen for 96 runs, national color Raqibul Hasan pairing with former national cricketer Tushar Imran contributed 141 runs in the 4th wicket stand to carry the team total to 237 runs.
Five-down Hasan scored the team highest 79 runs off 146 balls featuring nine boundaries, two-down Imarn contributed 146-ball 62 runs with four hits to the fence, one-down Fazle Mahmud scored 80-ball 45 runs including eight fours while national opener Anamul Haque made a patient 64-ball 19 runs with a boundary.
Sunzamul Islam picked up four wickets for 62 runs while Edadat Hossain took two for 41 runs.
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Heart health: Love one you`re with
- Conduct leastwise two cases free: CJ
- Navy Chief in UAE arms exhibition
- PM joins Munich Security Conference
- India warns Pakistan of `strong response`
- Trump to spend $8B for Mexico wall
- Haiti president breaks silence finally
- ‘Fagun Haway’ draws huge acclamation
- UN sought $920m for Rohingya
- Motorcyclist killed in Nanglokote road crash
- 78th birthday of Dr Wazed tomorrow
- Myanmar court sentences two to death for Muslim lawyer`s murder
- Dhaka for OIC help on Rohingya issue
- PM seeks more WHO engagement
- Facebook taps user data to defend workers from threat
- Farmers dream in coriander
- Barca extent Valverde contract until 2020
- Tea output increases 57 pc in northern districts
- Allama Shafi with helicopter in Ijtema
- Hong Kong stocks open lower
- Bomb-like eggplant recovered at CU
- Committee formed to celebrate Bangabandhu’s centenary
- Bangladesh brace for another trail by NZ pace
- Messi is ready for Valverde
- 3 held over Eden College`s ex-principal murder
- First lady makes Valentine’s Day art with pediatric patients
- Trump to declare emergency over Mexico border wall
- Actor Farooque injured
- Mushfiqur on the verge of making double-century
- All News »
- Trinamool Lawmaker shot dead in West Bengal
- WB to cooperate with Bangladesh: Qimiao Fan
- Spain teeters on brink of snap election
- Bangladesh, Indian Air Forces can work together: PM
- Net house potato farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Which channel broadcast BAN vs NZ series
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- Elderly couple among 3 killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Haunting beauty of ghost towns
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Mashrafe confident of BD`s chances despite Shakib`s absence
- 28 including drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Illusions about losing weight
- PM visits LGRD ministry
- College student killed in Madarganj road crash
- Israel shoots dead two Palestinian teenagers
- Pahela Falgun being celebrated
- Two drug traders held with phensedyl
- Speech-impaired college-girl raped, man held
- Seven yrs of Sagar-Runi murder
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Gazipur road crash
- 5 mayor aspirants get symbols
- Al Mahmud admitted to ICU
- Emergency declared in Russia over polar bear ‘invasion’
- Hong Kong stocks open lower
- AL reveals 2nd phase UZ polls candidates name
- Saraswati Puja today
- IAF Chief to visit Dhaka today
- Tomorrow’s SSC exam deferred to March 2
- DUCSU `election schedule` today