East Zone trailing by 81 runs against Central Zone
Published: 09:50 PM, 5 December 2018 Updated: 09:50 PM, 5 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Islami Bank East Zone were trailing by 81 runs with nine wickets remaining against Walton Central Zone on the first day (Wednesday) of the 3rd round match of the four-day Bangladesh Cricket League (BCL) that began on Wednesday at Shaheed Chandu Stadium inBagura.
Winning the toss, Islami Bank East Zone invited league leader Walton Central Zone to open the innings first and bundled them out cheaply for just 118 runs in 55 overs in the first innings with devastating bowling by right arm medium pacer from Rajshahi, Farhad Reza, who grabbed seven wickets for 32 runs in 16 overs.
For Walton Central Zone, lower-order Sharifullah (23), opener Pinak Ghosh (21), Jaker Ali (20), Rakin Ahmed (14) and Taibur Rahman (14) were the notable batsmen reaching the double figure.
Apart from Reza's seven-wicket haul, Abu Jayed Rahi claimed two Walton Central Zone wickets for 33 runs.
In reply, Islami Bank East Zone scored 37 for 1 in 14 overs in the first innings when the bails were drawn for the day trailing by 81 runs.
Opener Shamsur Rahman and one-down Mahmudul Hasan were batting with nine runs each after the departure of other openers Rony Talukder making a 24-ball 18 runs with three boundaries.
Shahadat Hossain took the lone wicket conceding 25 runs.
In the other BCL match, Prime Bank South Zone scored 280 for 9 in 90 overs in the first innings against BCB North Zone on the first day at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chattogram.
After the dismissal of first three batsmen for 96 runs, national color Raqibul Hasan pairing with former national cricketer Tushar Imran contributed 141 runs in the 4th wicket stand to carry the team total to 237 runs.
Five-down Hasan scored the team highest 79 runs off 146 balls featuring nine boundaries, two-down Imarn contributed 146-ball 62 runs with four hits to the fence, one-down Fazle Mahmud scored 80-ball 45 runs including eight fours while national opener Anamul Haque made a patient 64-ball 19 runs with a boundary.
Sunzamul Islam picked up four wickets for 62 runs while Edadat Hossain took two for 41 runs.
- Kim in Russia for Putin summit
- Tarique’s friend Mamun gets 7-year jail
- PM visits residence of late Hamida Khanam
- PM to visit Sheikh Selim’s residence
- Adulterated sweets, no one to see!
- Zayan’s body arrives in Dhaka
- Two Netrokona ‘Rajakars’ to die
- Earthquake rattles northeast India, Tibet
- Bitter squash in office’s flowerpots
- Rain likely in next 72 hours
- 18 detains in hunt over Sri Lanka bombings
- 2 dies after being pushed out from train
- Toll in Sri Lanka bombings rises to 359
- Verdict on 2 Netrokona ‘Rajakars’ today
- Six years of Rana Plaza Tragedy
- Emirates to face Kyrgyzstan today
- 54 feared dead in landslide at Myanmar jade mine
- Second session of 11th JS today
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Zayan’s body to arrive Dhaka today
- India warned Sri Lanka 2 hours before Suicide Attacks
- Hijra, a creature of Allah: Noor
- Online reg required for St. Martin visit
- Biman to resume Dhaka-Delhi flight from May 13
- Kim, Putin to hold first talks in Russia
- PM returns home from Brunei
- Shakib returns for SRH, CSK to bowl
- BNP on extinction boycotting JS says Tofail
- ACC interrogates Jhenaidah MP Mannan
- Special attention on Rohingyas; says CEC
- All News »
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Educational Institutes to be closed Apr 21, 22
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- Probe report against Nowshaba on May 28
- Journalist Zafar Wazed new PIB DG
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- PM returns home tomorrow
- Sudan`s Bashir moved to prison as protesters rally
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- New identity of Porimoni
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- Nusrat murder: Moni put on 5-day remand
- Adele separates from husband
- 4 killed in truck-auto rickshaw collision
- Nusrat murder: CID searching money grantor
- Case filed over Shahenur’s death