East Zone score 314/4 against South Zone on Day-1
Published: 08:47 PM, 28 November 2018 Updated: 08:47 PM, 28 November 2018
Islami Bank East Zone, riding on a century by national coloured batsman Shamsur Rahman, scored 314 runs for 4 in 90 overs in the first innings on the first day of the four-day 2nd round match of the Bangladesh Cricket League (BCL) at the Shaheed Kamruzzaman Stadium in Rajshahi on Wednesday.
Sent in to bat first, the East Zone made a good start scoring 92 runs in 24.3 overs in the opening stand by Shamsur Rahman and Rony Talukder.
Shamsur Rahman hammered a polished 153 off 228 balls hitting 17 fours and two sixes while Rony Talukder scored 78-ball 53 runs with the help of seven fours and one six.
Besides, number five Tasamul Haque was in batting with 47 runs off 104 balls featuring four boundaries, number six Yasir Ali remained not out on 26 runs off 47 balls, including four boundaries, while one down Mahmudul Hasan scored 63-ball 21 with two hits to the fence.
South Zone captain veteran spinner Abdur Razzak grabbed three wickets for 111 runs while Fazle Mahmud took one for 10 runs.
In the other match, BCB North Zone were trailing by 148 runs with nine wickets in hand against Walton Central Zone on the first day at the Shaheed Chandu Stadium in Bogura on Wednesday.
Sent in to bat first, Walton Central Zone were all out cheaply for 220 runs in 62.5 overs in the first innings despite one down Abdul Mazid and Shuvagata Hom scoring 91 runs in the 5th wicket stand.
Number three batsman Abdul Mazid contributed team highest 76 runs off 145 balls hitting 13 fours and one six, number six Shuvagata Hom made 66-ball 48 runs featuring eight fours and lower order Mosharraf Hossain scored 54-ball 34 runs.
Ebadat Hossain, 24-year-old right arm medium pacer from Moulvibazar, claimed his career best six wickets for 51 runs while national coloured all-rounder Ziaur Rahman took two for 35 runs.
In reply, BCB North Zone opened the first innings and scored 72 for one in 15.1 overs to trail by 148 runs when the bails were drawn for the first day.
Opener Mizanur Rahman and one down Farhad Hossain were in batting with 34 and 31 runs respectively. Shahidul Islam took the lone wicket for 24 runs.
- 1460 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- 6 buses fined for charging extra fare
- Soumitra transferred to cabin from ICU
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kid drowns in Shakhipur
- Smartphone for blood pressure detection
- First return Hajj flight arrives in Dhaka
- Mgst described severe suffering in govt hospital
- Russell Domingo appointed Tigers’ head coach
- Eight killed in Ukraine hotel fire
- No MoU, 2 FMs dialog only
- College student dies of dengue in Magura
- Temperature may rise slightly
- Husband arrested in triple talaq case
- How you can identify ‘Appendix’ pain!
- Salah donates Tk 25 cr for cancer institute
- Suarez joins Messi on Barca treatment table
- Drug dealer held in Mathbaria
- Schools adorned with national flag painting
- Poet Shamsur Rahman’s 13th death anniv today
- Today`s sports on TV
- India’s unilateral decision is not valid: China in UNSC
- Two suspected robbers lynched in Pabna
- Return hajj flights start today
- Indian FM to Dhaka on Monday
- 4 killed in bus-private car collision
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Global stocks choppy amid angst over trade war, bond yields
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- All News »
- Shaykh Muhammad bin Hassan to recite Khutba at Hajj
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- Three movies to be released on Eid
- Heavy rain pours down on Hajj pilgrims at Arafat
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Rabeya opens her eyes, Rokeya still unconscious
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- 2m pilgrims gathered in Arafat
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
- Man. City. Everton to play tonight
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 7 plays of Humayun to be aired on Eid
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- Mirpur slum fire doused