East Zone score 314/4 against South Zone on Day-1
Published: 08:47 PM, 28 November 2018 Updated: 08:47 PM, 28 November 2018
Islami Bank East Zone, riding on a century by national coloured batsman Shamsur Rahman, scored 314 runs for 4 in 90 overs in the first innings on the first day of the four-day 2nd round match of the Bangladesh Cricket League (BCL) at the Shaheed Kamruzzaman Stadium in Rajshahi on Wednesday.
Sent in to bat first, the East Zone made a good start scoring 92 runs in 24.3 overs in the opening stand by Shamsur Rahman and Rony Talukder.
Shamsur Rahman hammered a polished 153 off 228 balls hitting 17 fours and two sixes while Rony Talukder scored 78-ball 53 runs with the help of seven fours and one six.
Besides, number five Tasamul Haque was in batting with 47 runs off 104 balls featuring four boundaries, number six Yasir Ali remained not out on 26 runs off 47 balls, including four boundaries, while one down Mahmudul Hasan scored 63-ball 21 with two hits to the fence.
South Zone captain veteran spinner Abdur Razzak grabbed three wickets for 111 runs while Fazle Mahmud took one for 10 runs.
In the other match, BCB North Zone were trailing by 148 runs with nine wickets in hand against Walton Central Zone on the first day at the Shaheed Chandu Stadium in Bogura on Wednesday.
Sent in to bat first, Walton Central Zone were all out cheaply for 220 runs in 62.5 overs in the first innings despite one down Abdul Mazid and Shuvagata Hom scoring 91 runs in the 5th wicket stand.
Number three batsman Abdul Mazid contributed team highest 76 runs off 145 balls hitting 13 fours and one six, number six Shuvagata Hom made 66-ball 48 runs featuring eight fours and lower order Mosharraf Hossain scored 54-ball 34 runs.
Ebadat Hossain, 24-year-old right arm medium pacer from Moulvibazar, claimed his career best six wickets for 51 runs while national coloured all-rounder Ziaur Rahman took two for 35 runs.
In reply, BCB North Zone opened the first innings and scored 72 for one in 15.1 overs to trail by 148 runs when the bails were drawn for the first day.
Opener Mizanur Rahman and one down Farhad Hossain were in batting with 34 and 31 runs respectively. Shahidul Islam took the lone wicket for 24 runs.
- Myanmar army kills 2 Rohingya pregnant women
- Humayun urges ThaiBev to jointly invest in Bangladesh
- Myanmar must abide by ICJ orders: Hasan
- Coronavirus can kill 65mn people!
- Valencia beat Setien`s Barcelona 2-0
- Atiqul to announce election manifesto tomorrow
- 1st Bangladeshi woman in US mainstream politics
- Stokes apologized but punished
- ‘Infrastructural developed schools are not good schools’
- PM for worthy citizens through sports
- Recruitment at Epyllion Group
- What thinks Domingo for losing series!
- Youths rich in tech knowledge are the future leader: Palak
- JMB men arrested in Khulna on 10-day remand
- Disabled child died after fallen from the roof
- Death toll climbs 22 in Turkish earthquake
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Xi says China faces `grave situation` as virus toll hits 41
- Horse race held in Mithapukur
- Delta Airlines fined for dropping Muslim paxs
- Gambia Justice Minister praised Bangladesh
- 2 bakers fined TK 6 lakh Jhalokati
- Defendant mobbed over threatening plaintiff
- Election manifesto to be given highest priority
- Housewife killed over dowry dispute, 3 arrested
- Pakistan threats India over World Cup!
- Ranveer Singh denies sexism!
- 5 detained with 102 ltr liquor
- Bangladesh Embassy in China launches ‘hotline’ service
- No bricks in public works
- All News »
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- 5 held with marijuana in Sirajganj
- Top 5 batsmen in Bangabandhu BPL
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- E-passport to be launched today
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- SSC-equivalent exam rescheduled
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack